No announcement yet.

Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the good thing, guys is that while a weak story or two MAY get through to the final 10 on votes, recruited or otherwise, once we get to those final 10 there will be no recruitment available, so the best stories will certainly get the attention they deserve, in other words, the cream will rise to the top - i'm sure that CD will work out the kinks for next time, but they definitely got a lot of people to join these forums and speak up, really build the community here, which was the goal (or one goal, anyway) - all good

@brianfreeman - thanks for those encouraging words, i know that all of us here would love to be in Cemetery Dance magazine or anything else that CD puts out

@craigwallwork - i feel the same way too, sick for a number of reasons, every time i log in
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Actually it's clearing up some conflicting ip address situation. All part of the plan folks. So don't worry about group 2, I told the author of the story to inform his / her friends to make a post from their respective ip addresses, as the accounts there where a lot of accounts registered at the same one. Don't worry about it, it is all on my instruction.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

ahah, i see what you're doing there. sorry to sound the alarm.
        It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
          ahah, i see what you're doing there. sorry to sound the alarm.
          No problem. The author is fairly young, and was hanging out with a bunch of friends when they registered. So the system actually records two different ip address a "registered with" ip address and a "posted with" ip address. Luckily with the posts being made so close together here, it eliminates the ability to cheat by going to free internet hot spots to make the posts.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
            Here's the big thing to take away from this: even if you don't win, a lot of REAL readers took the time to read your story. And some of those readers happen to be Cemetery Dance employees, and we have LONG memories for what we like
            Brian
            Hopefully, I did this quote thing right.

As much as winning a competition like this would be awesome--and it would be--I'm happy that at least 12 folks read and liked my story enough to vote for it. As far as I know, at least 11 of those folks i do not know personally. For me, that's a win in the category of having at least one person like something I've written.

Would it be cool to win or even come close? Yes. But, if not--you never know--if just one more person checks out my blog or FB page or profile or whatever because they liked my story than this was all worth it, if that makes sense to anyone besides me...

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Brown View Post
              As much as winning a competition like this would be awesome--and it would be--I'm happy that at least 12 folks read and liked my story enough to vote for it. As far as I know, at least 11 of those folks i do not know personally. For me, that's a win in the category of having at least one person like something I've written.

Would it be cool to win or even come close? Yes. But, if not--you never know--if just one more person checks out my blog or FB page or profile or whatever because they liked my story than this was all worth it, if that makes sense to anyone besides me...
              I am in concurrence of your statement.
              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Hopefully, I did this quote thing right.

Have to agree with you there. I don't have as many votes, but do have a few. It would be great to win, but definitely not something I would expect, especially considering I've never submitted work before and because this was the first time I wrote a story that had to be so short. I don't know who voted for my story, but knowing that at least a few liked it enough to vote for it is an accomplishment in my eyes. Just confirms to me I should keep writing and work on improving. Definitely will be interested to hear what people think when this is over
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

I am hopeful that I can get through voting in the next day or two. It seems like I've read 7/10 in each group, and my day job has us going 7 days/week rt now. So I am about worn to a nub. I hate that I miss out on these great forum convos everyday, too (this post is sent from my phone during a down time). So much good stuff here- I appreciate the stories and all of the rich information from the forum posters. I can't wait for things to get caught up here at work so I can be a more active contributor here on CD.

Comment

Great contest!

Comment

Same goes here! My primary goal in entering this unique contest was to gain some visibility. Considering the views we are all getting, I already feel quite fortunate.

Yet, I feel as if I must confess that hidden down in the depths of my psyche, exists a petty impish bastard whose chant keeps echoing in my head. “check the polls, check the polls, keep checking the polls,...”.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrom View Post
                        Same goes here! My primary goal in entering this unique contest was to gain some visibility. Considering the views we are all getting, I already feel quite fortunate.

Yet, I feel as if I must confess that hidden down in the depths of my psyche, exists a petty impish bastard whose chant keeps echoing in my head. “check the polls, check the polls, keep checking the polls,...”.
                        There's a short story in that, Mstrom.

Comment

I've been neck and neck with JMCraven this whole time...I can't decide if I'd rather just be getting blown out of the water or be only trailing by a few all the way to the end.[/QUOTE]

deciscion made...I don't wanna be blown outta the water

haha..quote fail...

Comment

I do have a question for the CD guys.
                            There's a submission deadline getting close for an anthology that I want to submit to. It's clear that I'm getting blown out of the water on this contest so can I submit elsewhere (although until 6-22 it would be simultaneous)? I just don't want to maybe miss a chance at something.

Comment

Originally posted by blasko66 View Post
                              I do have a question for the CD guys.
                              There's a submission deadline getting close for an anthology that I want to submit to. It's clear that I'm getting blown out of the water on this contest so can I submit elsewhere (although until 6-22 it would be simultaneous)? I just don't want to maybe miss a chance at something.
                              Go for it. That's my thought. I'm shopping my story as we speak, and CD said they are open to simultaneous submissions, I believe. You could also pull your story if you feel that you are out of it. Good luck. Or see what Dan says.
                              FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

This is a contest, not a contract. Go for it. If you end up winning, but you get into the anthology too, by no means are you obligated to be in the chapbook. At least not until you sign the contract we will send to the winners.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X