Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spernst View Post
    I know how you feel Nik, I've been neck and neck with JMCraven this whole time...I can't decide if I'd rather just be getting blown out of the water or be only trailing by a few all the way to the end.
    I know- I feel the same way, spernst .

Comment

Dan, when does the first round of voting end? I can't remember if we said one week or two? One week is 6/15 at midnight, two is 6/22 at midnight?
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
        Dan, when does the first round of voting end? I can't remember if we said one week or two? One week is 6/15 at midnight, two is 6/22 at midnight?
        He said 6/22 before
        http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
          Hey Richard, if you look at the top of the poll page, it should say "this polls closes on 6/22 at ___ (time)" or something like that. Anyway the first round goes til 6/22 but I don't think it's midnight- I think it's to the minute from when the poll opened.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
            Hey Richard, if you look at the top of the poll page, it should say "this polls closes on 6/22 at ___ (time)" or something like that. Anyway the first round goes til 6/22 but I don't think it's midnight- I think it's to the minute from when the poll opened.
            You are correct, as that is how the forum poll software works.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

thanks guys, duh...appreciate it
              FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Nervous. Don't know if it's the same for anyone else, but I feel a little sick when I log on here.

Comment

I've gone from nervous to mildly pissed off. I'm glad I'm in the group I'm in (5) as I don't suspect anyone in it of cheating, and if I don't win so be it, at least I got a fair shake. But there are still some very suspicious things going on in other groups, and not that my story is great or anything, but there are one or two (and I won't be so rude as to name them here) that frankly suck out loud. And they're smashing far better stories in their group. I feel bad for those stuck competing with these clowns. Thank you Dan for the policing you've already done, and for switching up the voting rules for round two!

Comment

To be a little more clear on this, I don't think having mass votes is indicative of cheating. There are some with a lot of votes that I think got them on the strenth of a good story. I think a poorly written entry with mass votes is indicative of cheating...

Comment

The 22nd is so far away. This is making my hair fall out.

Comment

To be a little more clear on this, I don't think having mass votes is indicative of cheating. There are some with a lot of votes that I think got them on the strenth of a good story. I think a poorly written entry with mass votes is indicative of cheating...
                        +1000

Comment

Originally posted by Draven Ames View Post
                          The 22nd is so far away. This is making my hair fall out.
                          I hear you Draven. Though this should be fun and exciting, I fear that it is all turning into an unhealthy obsession as my days have now become an endless repetition of poll checking.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrom View Post
                            I hear you Draven. Though this should be fun and exciting, I fear that it is all turning into an unhealthy obsession as my days have now become an endless repetition of poll checking.
                            Same here. Even though I am doing so-so in my group I just can't resist the urge to keep coming back to check the polls.

Comment

I've gone from nervous to mildly pissed off. I'm glad I'm in the group I'm in (5) as I don't suspect anyone in it of cheating, and if I don't win so be it, at least I got a fair shake. But there are still some very suspicious things going on in other groups, and not that my story is great or anything, but there are one or two (and I won't be so rude as to name them here) that frankly suck out loud. And they're smashing far better stories in their group. I feel bad for those stuck competing with these clowns. Thank you Dan for the policing you've already done, and for switching up the voting rules for round two!
                              I've been watching these as well. Now I think I'm a pretty fair judge as to what is good and what isn't, but I'm not going to like the same as everyone else. I know that one of my favorite stories here got only a few votes--so be it. But I've been editing Dark Recesses Magazine for a couple of years and I know when something just isn't any good.

I've watched a few stories shoot up over 30 votes and even into the 40s. That's suspicious to me. I went back and looked them over and see some stinkers there. I mean real stinkers. But what do I know, huh? Maybe this is what people think is good ficition. Whatever.

I'll also point out that there are a couple of stories over 30 that are quite good.

If you've got people voting for your stories because they're fans of yours, why don't you ask them to take time and vote in the other groups as well?

MLD

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
                                I've been watching these as well. Now I think I'm a pretty fair judge as to what is good and what isn't, but I'm not going to like the same as everyone else. I know that one of my favorite stories here got only a few votes--so be it. But I've been editing Dark Recesses Magazine for a couple of years and I know when something just isn't any good.

I've watched a few stories shoot up over 30 votes and even into the 40s. That's suspicious to me. I went back and looked them over and see some stinkers there. I mean real stinkers. But what do I know, huh? Maybe this is what people think is good ficition. Whatever.

I'll also point out that there are a couple of stories over 30 that are quite good.

If you've got people voting for your stories because they're fans of yours, why don't you ask them to take time and vote in the other groups as well?

MLD
                                That would be nice. Some groups have 100 total votes or even more while others (such as mine) are quite calm and cruising in the 60's.

Comment

Working...
                                X