Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Dan brought down the ban hammer in one of the groups this morning, forgot which one it was. Just check out the groups and see where Dan posted today.
    Ah, gotcha.
    www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Just a bit of an update. I only have two suspicious entries. One of which turned themselves in yesterday and subsequently has been disqualified. For turning himself in though I did not ban him. He understands the rules now and the spirit of the contest / my intentions with the contest. I am still investigating the other suspicion, and have given said person a chance to prove their innocence. If they cannot they will also be disqualified.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Phew! Two more groups to go. Trying to give every story a fair shake. Some really good ones in the mix, and some tough decisions. Good job everyone.
        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Nik Houser View Post
          Also, imagine me dressed up like Captain Kirk, but instead of yelling "Khan!" I'm yelling "Meat Socks!" Seriously, Nikita, you've been ahead of me this whole time! You're killin' me, Smalls!
          Gotta get me some Meat Socks.

MLD

Comment

Nooooooo! Haha.
            www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              Just a bit of an update. I only have two suspicious entries. One of which turned themselves in yesterday and subsequently has been disqualified. For turning himself in though I did not ban him. He understands the rules now and the spirit of the contest / my intentions with the contest. I am still investigating the other suspicion, and have given said person a chance to prove their innocence. If they cannot they will also be disqualified.
              Well, that's good. If someone is willing to admit they didn't play by the rules then they deserve a second chance.

Comment

I agree...live and learn...but it wouldn't hurt to hire these guys just in case...

Comment

Halfway through reading and voting. "Whew! This should just be the 'Two Days of Christmas'; it's too hard for us!" - Bob and Doug McKenzie.

Cursing my luck a little. I'm getting slaughtered in my poll, but think I could have done better in a couple others. Some polls got several of the stronger stories. Boy, and I think I know what the second suspicious vote-getter is.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

"Also, imagine me dressed up like Captain Kirk, but instead of yelling "Khan!" I'm yelling "Meat Socks!" Seriously, Nikita, you've been ahead of me this whole time! You're killin' me, Smalls!"

I know how you feel Nik, I've been neck and neck with JMCraven this whole time...I can't decide if I'd rather just be getting blown out of the water or be only trailing by a few all the way to the end.

Comment

Hahaha, yeah. I feel your pain, spernst. It seems like every time I get a vote, she gets another one or two like clockwork. I guess taste is just split down the middle on our stories (well, almost, she is winning, after all). I just feel lucky mine's doing so well. There are some cool stories in my group, which obviously some folks like more than mine or Meat Socks.
                      www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Nikki is a good friend of mine, and I knew she could write, but damn I was impressed when she posted her story. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on my story, but when I read hers I instantly thought, "Well, shit, now I'm jealous." lol
                        www.wesleysouthard.wordpress.com

Comment

I've finally finished my voting. Read many good stories. Thanks for the read all.

Comment

Just wrapped up all my voting. There are a ton of great stories and I had a tough time making up my mind in multiple groups. Good luck and great job to all the contestants.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                              Just wrapped up all my voting. There are a ton of great stories and I had a tough time making up my mind in multiple groups. Good luck and great job to all the contestants.
                              Good work Cope. There were some real diamonds out there, weren't there?

Comment

Originally posted by Draven Ames View Post
                                Good work Cope. There were some real diamonds out there, weren't there?
                                Yes there are some diamonds and some diamonds in the rough. I'm hoping mine is at least the latter and not a lump of coal (LOL). I really cannot wait to get some feedback on my entry.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X