Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
    I doubt there is a way to do this, but it would be great if each person had 3 votes (that have to be for 3 different stories), since there will be 3 winners.
    That's how I thought it was going to be a first. I know you can set up boxes to tick off instead of a single vote, but I wouldn't know how limiting three ticks per person could be enforced.

Comment

I have an idea. It would mean voting couldn't be anonymous, but you could have a voting thread where people post the names of their top three stories. I don't think non-anonymous (would that be "nonymous"?) voting is a big deal, especially since online forums can be pretty anonymous anyway, but that's just me. I certainly understand how someone might feel differently. Thoughts?
      www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Good luck to all of the authors. I'm afraid I won't vote because I don't have time to read through many and I don't think it would be fair to vote on the few I get time to read. So, best of luck to all!!!!

Comment

I'm sorry, very stupid question.. Where do we view the stories once published?

Comment

Originally posted by chantal View Post
            I'm sorry, very stupid question.. Where do we view the stories once published?
            They are in the grey sub-forum box at the top of the Writer's Corner page
            http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Thank you very much for pulling this opportunity together. I agree with some of the previous posts too. With this being a non-anonymous submission contest, you are almost best off either requiring everyone to post their top 3 choices in their own thread. Either that, or you create a voting committee that would determine the end results based on the vote. Just throwing this in to see if it helps. Other than that I hope you all enjoy all the tales, and good luck to everyone involved.
              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                Not long, unless all the moderators are asleep at the wheel. I know I check back every fifteen minutes or so.
                Thanks Dan for all your support today. Everything is as it should be. Again, another found great employee of Cemetery Dance.

Comment

Not sure it's wise to change the rules now that the contest has begun, even if a change would be better. Best to live and learn.
                  "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

The Eyesore Times | Shock Totem | Getcha Rocks Off

Comment

What do the yellow stars mean, and how did they get there?

Comment

Apparently this forum has a feature that lets you "rate" threads.

Comment

Looks like someone started a trend.

Comment

The thread rating system won't work as a voting method, as there is no way to limit the number of votes. I've gotta talk it over with Brian and see what we want to do. I may just use a google doc or something like that to do the vote.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Kenwood View Post
                            Looks like someone started a trend.
                            Looks like we all get 3 stars! Yay for mediocrity! Seriously, it does look like the stories are evening out!
                            http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                              Looks like we all get 3 stars! Yay for mediocrity! Seriously, it does look like the stories are evening out!
                              And I imagine that's how it'll stay. Every author will give his own story five stars, then others will give it less to knock it out of the four- or five-star rating. Haha.

Comment

Is it copyright infringement to quote a TV show? If so, I think I need to fix my post.

Comment

Working...
                                X