Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstrom View Post
    BTW, when I asked my alligator about this, he snorted "Because you are needy little pack animals, moron."

Sorry about that, his disposition needs some work.
    I'm starting to like that gator!
    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
      luckily hazing in my fraternity invovled nothing weird; just a lot of drinking. In my mind it wasnt hazing at all
      I was hazed in college. Pretty much everyone lived in residence. The senior students woke us at 4am two days in a row. We had to run around campus, wear weird headgear do silly things like jump off a concrete wall in the commons with an egg in the mouth. Some of the stuff done to the guys was worse.

There was also a lot of drinking that first week. And the next. And the next. And the next. And the next.

Comment

Glad I never joined anything in college. I was a GDI. And there were a lot of us.

Comment

Originally posted by blasko66 View Post
          Glad I never joined anything in college. I was a GDI. And there were a lot of us.
          Same here. I was born and raised up in rural east Texas by a single parent. No interest in a frat (to this day, I'd much rather pull a George Thorogood and drink alone).

Well, I did join a pre-law fraternity in undergrad and then an academic fraternity in law school, but that's different. That's just a lot of people who like to drink alone together.

Comment

To touch on hazing, most little boys (that's all I can really speak about) have "clubs" that have some type of initiation. Like taking a dip of snuff, or stealing a parent's cigarette for the group to pass around. Hazing is the same type of thing only carried to a sadistic level.
            Last edited by jmcraven; 06-25-2011, 12:59 AM. Reason: should have said 'little boys'

Comment

Originally posted by blasko66 View Post
              What's a GDI?

My college didn't have fraternity's.

Comment

Originally posted by KT Wagner View Post
                What's a GDI?
                God Damned Independent, I believe
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                    God Damned Independent, I believe
                    It's so obvious now. Should have figured it out. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by KT Wagner View Post
                      It's so obvious now. Should have figured it out. :-)
                      It's alright. When my dad first used that term I had to have it explained to me.

Comment

Love that term, GDI!

Comment

Anyone know the answer to this - how can I look at the contest thread without seeing the polls? I've decided I can't preoccupy my mind continually, and intrusively, with knowing how many points I have, or have not. I remember that until you "view" the poll, it remains in the "select" mode, i.e. not showing the poll results. Does that option automatically get cancelled once you place a vote?

I'm asking because I'm a curious bugger and wondering what you're all discussing in there

While I'm here askign questions, can someone also tell me how you can extend the amount of time you are logged in. I find I type a reply and go to post it, but it's timed out.

Thanks

Comment

Not sure about it logging you out. I believe you have to see the results, once you have voted.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
                              Anyone know the answer to this - how can I look at the contest thread without seeing the polls? I've decided I can't preoccupy my mind continually, and intrusively, with knowing how many points I have, or have not. I remember that until you "view" the poll, it remains in the "select" mode, i.e. not showing the poll results. Does that option automatically get cancelled once you place a vote?

I'm asking because I'm a curious bugger and wondering what you're all discussing in there

While I'm here askign questions, can someone also tell me how you can extend the amount of time you are logged in. I find I type a reply and go to post it, but it's timed out.

Thanks
                              There's a little box you need to check when logging in, remember me or don't log out (forgot what it says exactly), that fixed the problem for me.

And once you vote you'll always have the results up i believe.

Comment

thanks, guys. I'll pop into the comp thread Tues, methinks. If I have 3+ votes, I can walk away from this with my head held high.

Comment

Working...
                                X