Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
    CW, I will admit, I read your title and something happened in my brain and instantly I was reminded of that film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, only it merged with your title and became scrambled up in my head as, The Imagination of the Patient Doctor's Johnson, which, was quite perfectly the most perfect title to get me to read it.

Also 13, as a title, sucks.
    Haha-that's the most convoluted compliment I have ever received-and I'm guessing almost all of us hated our titles it seems!
    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Nik Houser View Post
      Thanks for the kind words, Nikita. At the beginning of the contest, when I read the opening of your story, I thought "Ah, crap, this is gonna be hard to beat."
      I swear, hand over my heart, I thought the exact same thing when I read yours! And it was so funny because before the groups were formed, I was talking to my husband and I said 'What's really gonna suck is if I end up in a group with a really great story.' This was, of course, also before I realized exactly how many great stories there would be!

True story

Comment

CW, I will admit, I read your title and something happened in my brain and instantly I was reminded of that film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, only it merged with your title and became scrambled up in my head as, The Imagination of the Patient Doctor's Johnson, which, was quite perfectly the most perfect title to get me to read it.
        Craig, is you mind ever on anything other than smut!
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          You'd think the name Johnson would be innocent enough, but hell, I actually named a character Willy! Perhaps I should have titled my piece The Dark Willy... <badda bing>

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
            .....sorry, what did you say? My mind was on other things, mainly naked ladies.

I've checked my Bibliography and it seems, from titles such as: The Whore that Broke the Camel's Back, Flaps, Anal Twine, Cheeky, and Girth (not including stories that have innocent sounding titles but are quite saucy like The Great White and Red Fez and Panckes) I have a problem.

oh well.

Comment

Also, I've gone 15 hours without looking at the poles. I'm hardcore! That said, my washing machine has had a hammering.

Comment

Craig you kill me! HaHa! I hope you will read my anthology when it comes out, as it is extreme horror with titles such as Sister Alice's Suitor, Simple Pleasures, Hazing Cinderella and Angel Lust to name a few

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                  I swear, hand over my heart, I thought the exact same thing when I read yours! And it was so funny because before the groups were formed, I was talking to my husband and I said 'What's really gonna suck is if I end up in a group with a really great story.' This was, of course, also before I realized exactly how many great stories there would be!

True story
                  Haha, that's hilarious. And awfully nice of you to say, thanks!
                  www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch View Post
                    Hello Kenwood,
                    I read your story. Twice in fact. It was VERY well done, and one of my favorites. Best of luck to you in your writing endeavors.
                    Hey now! Thank you very much. =)
                    "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

The Eyesore Times | Shock Totem | Getcha Rocks Off

Comment

Originally posted by JJ Holden View Post
                      I enjoyed that story very much.
                      Right on! Very much appreciated, sir. I enjoyed yours as well. In your group, you got my vote.
                      Last edited by Kenwood; 06-24-2011, 01:39 AM.
                      "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

The Eyesore Times | Shock Totem | Getcha Rocks Off

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                        Craig you kill me! HaHa! I hope you will read my anthology when it comes out, as it is extreme horror with titles such as Sister Alice's Suitor, Simple Pleasures, Hazing Cinderella and Angel Lust to name a few
                        Looking forward to it.

Comment

Looking forward to it.
                          If you didn't live so far away, I could sign a copy for you! But it's probably 30 bucks to mail something to England and I am a starving artist

Comment

Maybe I can picked up a a signed copy when you're famous off ebay.

Also, what's "hazing" mean? I heard Draven mention this too.

Comment

Well crap! That's one of the words that I argued to my editor that people would know! Hazing is when you are joining a group (think fraternity) and they make you do something awful and often illegal to join. Like making Freshmen wear diapers all day at school before they can join. It's illegal in the States because it was very prominent in the 80's and there were deaths-but it still goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                                it was very prominent in the 80's and there were deaths-but it still goes on.
                                At the 1st college I attended (one that Koontz had attended) I saw first hand just how bad hazing could get. I never pledged a frat, but we were sort of honorary guests kind of, if that makes sense. And I've met people that were beaten within an inch of their life. I've almost met others that had to do very disgusting things. When I left that school there was a lawsuit going against one of the frats. Bad stuff.
                                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Working...
                                X