Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Um...I hope you don't confuse my father with myself. He has the same name as I with a different middle initial, and one who doesn't know that might confuse the situation. And there may be a couple of others with the same last name, but they aren't me either.
    hahahaha..that's a good one, "father" (kidding) - my full name is actually richard gordon thomas III and my father is richard gordon thomas, jr. - but he doesn't read so no worries there - ha - so is your dad named Ozmosis6?
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

LOL. Nah. I am Kenneth W. Cain, and he is Kenneth L. Cain. It has been hell on the mail system it appears, as ever since I moved out I consistently get all of his AARP crap. It is the main reason I put the W. in on all of my titles. I don't want him getting my little checks.
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I'm mostly looking at IP addresses here. The people with only 1 or 2 other users with the same ip address will not have to worry. It's the people that have an overwhealming number of other users with the same ip addresss. I've found 2 very suspicious ones so far. I have to do a bit more research though as it's not an exact science.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Oh phew, LOL. I was like, "Dang, the name gets me again!"

Comment

i finally finished my voting - i didnt notice too many inconsistencies in vote numbers - some groups have around 50 votes, some mid 70, and an off 120... but hey, if a guy has fans, what ya gonna do? Frankly, I dont care about the other votes. I'm not going to win, I'm just happy to get unsolicited votes from someone other than my wife (she almost didnt vote for me b/c I used her name in my story )
            It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Wow this thread got long quick. I just finished with the first two groups and both had multiple stories I liked. Voting is a bit tough. I had two I couldn't decide between so I let the tie breaker be the number of posts the author had. Might be wrong but I'd rather throw my support to someone that at least seems to want to interact in this forum.

I'm tickled pink that I've gotten 5 votes on my story, I feel like I've already won. I may have to give this writing thing another try. Can't wait until we can discuss the stories because I really would like feedback and thoughts.
              Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Love the Einstein quote. I keep a bunch of quotes on my website, and quite a few are from him. Out of the groups i have read so far, I have come across one difficult choice. I am about halfway through. For me I chose the winner by how clean the story was. I will say, that of what I have read so far, many are very entertaining. In one group I voted for a story just because it was so fun.

Comment

And I thank you for that vote, Ozmo!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    I'm mostly looking at IP addresses here. The people with only 1 or 2 other users with the same ip address will not have to worry. It's the people that have an overwhealming number of other users with the same ip addresss. I've found 2 very suspicious ones so far. I have to do a bit more research though as it's not an exact science.
                    I just told Dan that we're going to need a doctor's note from those 2 authors proving that they have dissociative identity disorder to explain all of the newly registered accounts at their IP addresses that are only showing up to vote for their stories.

"Really, I never know what the other personalities are doing!! But they sure have good taste in fiction, don't they??"

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                      And I thank you for that vote, Ozmo!
                      LOL, I haven't even gotten to your group as of yet, but we shall see. I'm sure it won't disappoint. [Devil Horns]

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                        I just told Dan that we're going to need a doctor's note from those 2 authors
                        Ya, I think any sort of forum contest like this will have people looking for a way to win votes. It is hard to lock down such a contest in a manner where only the true best prevail. That being said, as Dan stated, I do think some really good stories are in the majority of the tops. I'd hate to have to get that Doctor's note. It was difficult to get them for myself just to get off work. :P

Comment

Ya, I think any sort of forum contest like this will have people looking for a way to win votes. It is hard to lock down such a contest in a manner where only the true best prevail. That being said, as Dan stated, I do think some really good stories are in the majority of the tops. I'd hate to have to get that Doctor's note. It was difficult to get them for myself just to get off work. :P
                          perhaps those authors held a reading party and after plying their guests with tequila and absinthe (blech, what a combo) forced them at olive-pick to sign up and vote from their fancy Mac book...

just sayin'
                          It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
                            perhaps those authors held a reading party and after plying their guests with tequila and absinthe (blech, what a combo) forced them at olive-pick to sign up and vote from their fancy Mac book...

just sayin'
                            Then it'll be easy for each of those people to prove they are real and not one person who is in violation of the forum rules, re: having multiple accounts.

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

You know what I just realized. I'm reading and voting by group in numerical order. I haven't even voted for my story yet, let alone multiple times. Jokes aside if I like one better than mine I will vote for it, my ego has been stroked enough with the votes I already have. lol
                              Rich DeMars

Albert Einstein

Comment

Love the Einstein quote. I keep a bunch of quotes on my website, and quite a few are from him. Out of the groups i have read so far, I have come across one difficult choice. I am about halfway through. For me I chose the winner by how clean the story was. I will say, that of what I have read so far, many are very entertaining. In one group I voted for a story just because it was so fun.
                                Thanks, I have it framed and hanging on the wall in my den.
                                Rich DeMars

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X