Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
    No offense to the other great stories in group 4, but I also voted for Kevin's piece. I'm not familiar with his body of work, but I really enjoyed his story.
    Of course, I think we all mean no offense to anyone else. Some of the groupings were very hard to vote on. Just because I picked one story over another doesn't mean the others weren't well done. There was one story in my own group that made me sad, because I enjoyed it so much that I had planned to vote for it from the beginning. I voted for my own, it would be foolish not to, but I would've voted for that one otherwise.
    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
      You know I’ve developed palpations through this process, Dan?
      I know what you mean. It is interesting how my mind preconceives the worst case scenario prior to checking the polls. Unfortunately, in this type of competition the newly formed dreams of some can reflect back as nightmares onto others. Over the years, I guess my ingrained cynicism has been conditioned to shield me from those reflections.

Yeah that gibberish I just spouted carries the stink of rationalization, but hey, delusion can be an asset if you work it right!

Comment

Finished voting - that was quite a ride.
        http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
          Of course, I think we all mean no offense to anyone else. Some of the groupings were very hard to vote on. Just because I picked one story over another doesn't mean the others weren't well done. There was one story in my own group that made me sad, because I enjoyed it so much that I had planned to vote for it from the beginning. I voted for my own, it would be foolish not to, but I would've voted for that one otherwise.
          I agree. There were some very tough choices. In the end it always comes down to personal preference. Simply put, not everyone is going to like the same thing.
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

yes, ditto - what CW said too, no offense, there were many great stories in each group, overall a really impressive group of stories
            FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

I finally got through all the stories and finished voting. Some of those groups were very tough, indeed.

Comment

I keep thinking a huge influx of people are going to swarm the site and vote for me LOL. Even then I don't think I could catch up though. Gratz to all of the leaders though. Some truly great stories in the mix. And for those still in the heat of the race, good luck to you in the home stretch here.

Comment

I finally made it through all the stories and voted as well. Many of the stories were very well written and really enjoyable. Voting in some of the groups was no easy task. Great job to all of the excellent writers that entered the contest!

Comment

I've been keeping track of all the polls, and there's only 5 that have stories winning that I didn't vote for. Of the 5, only 3 that I think are an absolute shame that they are in the lead over the story I did chose. Out of 11, I don't think that's too bad! To have picked 6 of 11 winners is a pretty good average I think Of course, there's no way I would say the names without the KGB present!

Comment

Of course, there's no way I would say the names without the KGB present!
                      Nein Nein Nein Nein!

Comment

I've been keeping track of all the polls, and there's only 5 that have stories winning that I didn't vote for. Of the 5, only 3 that I think are an absolute shame that they are in the lead over the story I did chose. Out of 11, I don't think that's too bad! To have picked 6 of 11 winners is a pretty good average I think Of course, there's no way I would say the names without the KGB present!
                        Right now, I would be happy with finishing second to you. That would be good enough for me this time around.

Comment

i think i agree on the same three CW
                          FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Abell View Post
                            Right now, I would be happy with finishing second to you. That would be good enough for me this time around.
                            That is a wonderful compliment, Sir! Thank you!

Comment

To have picked 6 of 11 winners is a pretty good average I think Of course, there's no way I would say the names without the KGB present!
                              It sounds like you have similar reading tastes to most of the voters. My choices are mainly in the middle of the pack at this point.

This is my first contest and it has been a learning experience on a number of levels.

I am enjoying the Writers Corner forums. There is a lot to learn and it great to "meet" so many other writers willing to share their knowledge and expertise.

KT

Comment

I'm right with you, KT.

Comment

Working...
                                X