No announcement yet.

Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is the 9th night of voting and I fear my sanity is beginning to fracture as the alligator flashes his toothy grin at me. I brace myself for his attack.

“You know, you humans have really become insufferable ever since you shed your tails.” the alligator says while purposely wagging his tail as if to taunt me. “Sadly, you’ve evolved into a bunch of self absorbed ninnies.”

Tiring of the gator’s persistent psychoanalysis over the last 9 days, I ask, “Don’t you have an egg somewhere that needs sitting on?”

“Oh, good to see that you are using that bloated frontal cortex for something useful.” the alligator snorts, “Like mocking a fellow species just because they happen to be oviparous. Yet, what can one expect from a species that evolved from baboons whose idea of entertainment was throwing turds at one other.”

“Well at least we humans are still evolving.”

“Just goes to prove that our species is superior.”

“How’s that?”

“Darwinism doofus.” The reptile replies, “Alligators have been fully evolved for millions of years; hence we’ve achieved perfection, whereas you narcissistic apes still have a long way to go.”

“We are not self absorbed.” I protest.

“You most definitely are. In fact I can prove it. How many times have you checked the polls today?” he asks.

“Not that many.” I argue.

“Your denial is astonishing. Well I counted, and you’ve checked over 30 times.”

Tiring of his prodding, I pull out my Droid.

The alligator laughs. “Hell, you are checking again right now, aren’t you?”

“I’m just checking my email.”

“Liar.”
    Last edited by mstrom; 06-17-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Finally finished reading all of the stories and voting in all of the groups.

It was great fun and a great learning experience. Thanks Dan.
      Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Well, he whips me in the contest, but he buys my ebay auction...thank you JMCraven, for easing my pain lol!

Comment

Originally posted by spernst View Post
          Well, he whips me in the contest, but he buys my ebay auction...thank you JMCraven, for easing my pain lol!
          Your link on here paid off And thank you- I loved Under the Dome and have always wanted a SK signed book, so I couldn't hardly pass it by (even though we are pretty tight on money right now). I am fixing to get you paid here in a minute, but I had to wait until I got home from work so I could update my shipping address on the Pal.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
            Your link on here paid off And thank you- I loved Under the Dome and have always wanted a SK signed book, so I couldn't hardly pass it by (even though we are pretty tight on money right now). I am fixing to get you paid here in a minute, but I had to wait until I got home from work so I could update my shipping address on the Pal.
            what's the ebay number? jsut curious as to the market...
            It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
              what's the ebay number? jsut curious as to the market...
              You can see the page here

Comment

Only 2 more days of voting (on this round) ladies and gents. Good luck to everyone.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  Only 2 more days of voting (on this round) ladies and gents. Good luck to everyone.
                  You know I’ve developed palpations through this process, Dan? Too, every time I enter the bedroom of the house, I notice there are more clothes missing from my wife's wardrobe. Either she’s having an affair, or she can’t live with me giving her an hourly update of the polls. So yes, I may lose my wife and my heart to this competition.

Comment

Whew! I've finally - FINALLY - finished reading all of the stories. Although my story was leading early and has now dropped to third place in the 4th group, I feel honored to have been a part of this contest and I congratulate all of you who are leading your respective groups and heading into the "nail-biting" round. Hope to see more contests of the like in the near future.

And I may be sending a story or two CD's way, now that you guys have seen my work and know my name!

Congrats again to all!

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM View Post
                      Although my story was leading early and has now dropped to third place in the 4th group, I feel honored to have been a part of this contest and I congratulate all of you who are leading your respective groups and heading into the "nail-biting" round.
                      Hi Kevin,

I'm honestly shocked your story didn't keep right on top. You've really got talent. Keep it up!

MLD

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
                        Hi Kevin,

I'm honestly shocked your story didn't keep right on top. You've really got talent. Keep it up!

MLD
                        agreed. I like a story where the dialogue tells the story which I feel yours definitely did. You got my vote!
                        It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

ditto, it got my vote too
                          FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

You always get my vote Kevin, you are a very talented guy and I'm proud to be able to say that I've shared the pages with you!
                            http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

I've got to add to the bandwagon Kev. You got my vote, too. I'm not sure why you aren't leading, either.

I'm finally, FINALLY finished with reading and voting. A lot of good stuff here. And since I've started to catch up with MLD in my group (after a very slow start) I've started the compulsive vote checking. Maybe there's a story idea for all of us. A sort of Poe tale of obsession in the modern age.
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

No offense to the other great stories in group 4, but I also voted for Kevin's piece. I'm not familiar with his body of work, but I really enjoyed his story.

Comment

Working...
                                X