Contest Entry Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    I always seem to do that. When i read my own work and there is a word missing my brain just sometimes automatically fills it in and i keep on going.
    Try reading your work out loud. You'll catch a lot of omitted words that way. You can also try printing your story out. For some reason, reading it on paper instead of the screen, helps you see things clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch View Post
      Try reading your work out loud. You'll catch a lot of omitted words that way. You can also try printing your story out. For some reason, reading it on paper instead of the screen, helps you see things clearer.
      Printing out the story on paper and reading it helps me quite a bit. Of course I still omit plenty of things but for some reason I don't catch squat reviewing it on the computer.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
        Printing out the story on paper and reading it helps me quite a bit. Of course I still omit plenty of things but for some reason I don't catch squat reviewing it on the computer.
        Have someone else read it. I'm sure they'll catch the missing words if you don't.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          Have someone else read it. I'm sure they'll catch the missing words if you don't.

This too.

Comment

Reading out loud helps me quite a bit, but after a while I can get to the point where I'm cross-eyed from staring at the thing.
            http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

Hey all - just wanted to know if the window for submissions is closed, and if it is open, how much longer will it stay open? Thanks so much! EC

Comment

Sheesh... there are at least over two hundred pages of submissions so far! I'm reading through them and taking notes as I go!

Comment

EC, I think the submission time frame is still open for a couple more days.... So, go for it!

Comment

I like the idea of "bracket" voting. Like an earlier user said, a nice solution to a tough problem.

Comment

I love the idea of this contest.. great, great idea. Thanks very much, CD!

Comment

Hopefully my story will be done in time to submit. It's my first and it is short, oh so short, but I think it packs a good WTF. Wish me luck.

BTW how much are people charging for votes, just wondering if I should be buying or selling.
                        Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

I am impressed with the solution to the problem of voting-I think it is the best possible way to do things, allowing writers to vote for their own stories while encouraging them to vote for others as well-I have read about half of them, but atleast we still have time to catch the rest. Good luck everyone!
                          http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

I didn't have any problems with the word count. Mine came to a little over 7,000 characters and had a satisfactory end, but I had tons of fun with this contest-if not a lot of squabbling with my brother.
                            "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Yeah, I forced my entire family to read it, all of my friends, and an English teacher.
                              www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

Fantastic entries! I'm not sure why I was surprised by the number of entries but I sure was. I have about thirty stories left to read and then I will be caught up.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X