Looking for feedback on Artwork Portfolios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I bought the It portfolio, and I'd say keep the quality and raise the price if necessary.

The only thing I'd change is the ribbon closure. Personally, I'd prefer a magnetic closure, as the ribbon just seems like the one thing that will deteriorate over time.
    Magnetic closure = YES!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
      Magnetic closure = YES!
      I'm sketching out a totally different type of portfolio that I *think* our collectors will like. The magnetic closure *is* part of it, but this idea also solves the "how do I display this thing on my bookcase" problem some collectors had with IT.

We're in the last stages of planning the next one, so it will be announced as soon as I get a firm quote back from our box maker who makes the special projects for us!

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
        Why not try both options? (at least once to see how it goes). Have a limited version of the art portfolio which keeps the high quality and goes up in price so you don't lose money on selling it. Then have a "trade" version of the portfolio for those who want a nice set of art but can't/won't fork over the cash for the premium version.
        Although I do not currently own an art portfolio, I have looked at the images attached and have the following suggestion...

I would suggest that two different sizes should be incorporated to match the signed limited and lettered editions. Next to the s/l copy of IT, the art portfolio looks too big, but as the lettered edition of IT was much bigger, I bet the two together looked stunning on a bookshelf.

With two different versions of the art portfolio produced, buyers would be able to choose which one to purchase that would better suit their particular edition of the book. This would also allow the possibility to include additional and highly exclusive material to the art portfolio designed to match the lettered edition.

I hope this helps!
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

I kind of always wanted at least some type of horror (or sci-fi, or not mainstream) art work. Something to display even framed. I have thought much on the portfolio side of things, but if it were something that wowed me and was affordable to me I'd sure consider it.

My wife is really into the artwork of Angelina Wrona - quite dark and twisted, but oh so cool!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
            I kind of always wanted at least some type of horror (or sci-fi, or not mainstream) art work. Something to display even framed. I have thought much on the portfolio side of things, but if it were something that wowed me and was affordable to me I'd sure consider it.

My wife is really into the artwork of Angelina Wrona - quite dark and twisted, but oh so cool!
            You can find art at reasonable prices if you check around, I have some great pieces that cost as little as $10-$100 We all plunk down some major change for books, original art is one of a kind and very rewarding. Go directly to the artists you like, hunt them down on the internet and ask them if they have anything for sale, its usually cheaper then ebay.
            If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
              Although I do not currently own an art portfolio, I have looked at the images attached and have the following suggestion...

I would suggest that two different sizes should be incorporated to match the signed limited and lettered editions. Next to the s/l copy of IT, the art portfolio looks too big, but as the lettered edition of IT was much bigger, I bet the two together looked stunning on a bookshelf.

With two different versions of the art portfolio produced, buyers would be able to choose which one to purchase that would better suit their particular edition of the book. This would also allow the possibility to include additional and highly exclusive material to the art portfolio designed to match the lettered edition.

I hope this helps!
              Thank you for the feedback!

I definitely hear you about the sizing. The reason the IT portfolio was larger than the trim size for the Limited Edition of the book was because we wanted to do larger prints -- 11 X 14 inches. So you're right, they do end up looking very different on the bookcase together! (Plus the IT Portfolio is so big it doesn't FIT on most bookcases!)

We'll be announcing the next portfolio this week because I just cleared the final approves and received the last quote I needed. Customers who ordered the related book and members of the CDCC will be notified a day before the general public.

Thanks again to everyone for your feedback! It's very much appreciated.

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                Thank you for the feedback!

I definitely hear you about the sizing. The reason the IT portfolio was larger than the trim size for the Limited Edition of the book was because we wanted to do larger prints -- 11 X 14 inches. So you're right, they do end up looking very different on the bookcase together! (Plus the IT Portfolio is so big it doesn't FIT on most bookcases!)

We'll be announcing the next portfolio this week because I just cleared the final approves and received the last quote I needed. Customers who ordered the related book and members of the CDCC will be notified a day before the general public.

Thanks again to everyone for your feedback! It's very much appreciated.

Brian
                Can't wait for the news!!

Comment

Gonna go ahead and assume its doctor sleep. I didn't even see Brian's post until right now but I freaked out today when my email wasnt working on my blackberry and ended up PM'ing dan on facebook and asking him to let me know if I need to check my email. lol

Comment

Silence after my previous post...Doctor Sleep it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                      Silence after my previous post...Doctor Sleep it is!
                      Is it???

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                        Is it???
                        HA! You'll notice the entire board is quite today...tomorrow will be different
                        If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Most of us know but you Teri. I bet the anticipation is killing you. A round of "I hate chu" to all?

Personally I'm on the fence about getting one...

Comment

The next Artwork Portfolio will be announced either on Friday or Monday. The CDCC has snagged about 25% of the copies in the first three hours after we emailed them, but we asked them not to share the link until the project is announced publicly. Based on early feedback, I think this one will do pretty well!

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Comment

I passed on IT. I wont make that mistake again.
                              Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                              Most of us know but you Teri. I bet the anticipation is killing you. A round of "I hate chu" to all?

Personally I'm on the fence about getting one...

Comment

Got Mine

Comment

Working...
                                X