Desperately wanting a copy of Stephen King's IT S/L 25th Anniversary Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
    No reserve, I think this guy pulled a shady move. To have it up in seconds tells me he tried to bait the price up and no one took it.
    I totally agree. I have just completed a report form on Ebay for them to investigate it further.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      Multiple copies??
      No, they have the same number.

John

Comment

bdwyer19 on TDT forums posted this about it.
        The seller told me that the buyer didn't want to pay sales tax.

But if there's multiple bidders, can't they offer it to the next highest bidder? I thought there was five bids for it.

Comment

I don't think that's fair either, it should be offered to the last bidder, the seller obviously thought he was going to get more out of it, he re-listed it for much more than the previous auction

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
            bdwyer19 on TDT forums posted this about it.
            The seller told me that the buyer didn't want to pay sales tax.
            This is completely bogus. It's obvious the seller had a shill or two try to bid it up and when the top bid was either won by his shill or wasn't the high price he wanted, he just said "fuck it; I'm not letting it go for that price" and re-listed it. However, a winning eBay bid is a contract and should be honored.

Either way (shill or refusing to sell), it's a scummy move.

And I'm not sure why he thinks the book is worth more than $760.

Comment

I'm inclined to think he had a separate account bidding on it as well.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I have also noticed that the book is actually damaged. If you look at the far right photograph that shows the spine and zoom over the top left part of it, you will see that the edge is badly dented. It looks like he has either dropped the book or knocked it against something.

However, in the listing he describes the book as "MINT CONDITION AND NO WEAR AND TEAR WHATSOEVER."

So not only is he using a shill to bump the price up and instantly re-listing it when he wins his own auction, he is also falsely describing the condition of the book.
                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                - Stephen King

Comment

I've noticed a lot of people use key words to describe their items as fine or mint but when one really looks at it there is often something wrong with it. I think sellers sometimes take into consideration how old an item is and then list it (without stating) "well, it's a 30 year old book in mint condition so you have to expect damage/wear for a book this old, so yeah it's mint." I (and probably everyone) want the seller to honest and forthright with the description.

Comment

yeah, I kind of hope it doesn't sale for a long, long time

Comment

It didn't sale and now he's re-listed at $499, this is one wonky salesman

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                        Normally, I would be all over a copy of this book selling at $499, but I wont go anywhere near this seller even if someone put a gun to my head.

Oh I nearly forgot..... and the book is damaged.
                        - Stephen King

Comment

I just checked it out and the bid is now 749.99 Well he is persistent.
                          Originally posted by Tommy View Post

Comment

It sold again, this time for $587, now let's see if it stays sold

Comment

The guy is clearly a scum bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                                The guy is clearly a scum bag.
                                Totally agree...People like that shouldn't be allowed to own such a fine book.
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X