Clear All

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    Jeff, you have mail
    I replied but your mailbox is full.

Comment

Not any more

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        You will probably hate it and look to dump your copy for far less than retail value. Might as well save yourself the trouble and cancel now.
        I would have considered it but some guy has been raving about the writer online so now I have to read it!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I would have considered it but some guy has been raving about the writer online so now I have to read it!
          Hahahaha but wasn't that the same guy who raved about Malerman? And wasn't everyone just a little bit lukewarm on GOBLIN?

BTW: loved Malerman's story in HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM.

Comment

Hahahaha but wasn't that the same guy who raved about Malerman? And wasn't everyone just a little bit lukewarm on GOBLIN?

BTW: loved Malerman's story in HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM.
            I believe it is but as I have not yet read Goblin I am withholding judgement. I may be mistaken here but I believe he really loves Bentley Little's stories as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I believe it is but as I have not yet read Goblin I am withholding judgement. I may be mistaken here but I believe he really loves Bentley Little's stories as well!
              You may be mistaken!

Comment

You may be mistaken!
                That is possible, it has happened twice before!

Comment

Jeff - does #73 match your number of the Complete Borne?

I've only read the first book in the Area X trilogy (and watched the movie.) Haven't read anything else. I enjoyed Annihilation (and the movie too even though it wasn't the same as the book at all.)

And all this talk about Malerman reminds me - isn't Bird Box hitting Netflix soon?

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    Jeff - does #73 match your number of the Complete Borne?

I've only read the first book in the Area X trilogy (and watched the movie.) Haven't read anything else. I enjoyed Annihilation (and the movie too even though it wasn't the same as the book at all.)

And all this talk about Malerman reminds me - isn't Bird Box hitting Netflix soon?
                    Yeah, I have #73 of Complete Borne. Loved that book. Dig his style. Since reading it I bought Finch from someone in this very forum! Steve! Steve's good people! I haven't read it yet though. A friend of mine actually recommended against The Southern Reach Trilogy. It wasn't her thing. And I get it. VanderMeer's style isn't really for everyone. Reminded me of Jac Jemc--the author of another book I read called THE GRIP OF IT. That was weird and the ending was just sort of pointless, but I loved the prose and the trip. So I'm here for more VanderMeer (and Jemc for that matter).

Yeah, the BIRD BOX movie is a week and a half away. I'll try to watch it the weekend it debuts, before other people's opinions can threaten to influence mine. I doubt I'll like it as much as the book. But we'll see.

Comment

Yeah, I have #73 of Complete Borne. Loved that book. Dig his style. Since reading it I bought Finch from someone in this very forum! Steve! Steve's good people! I haven't read it yet though. A friend of mine actually recommended against The Southern Reach Trilogy. It wasn't her thing. And I get it. VanderMeer's style isn't really for everyone. Reminded me of Jac Jemc--the author of another book I read called THE GRIP OF IT. That was weird and the ending was just sort of pointless, but I loved the prose and the trip. So I'm here for more VanderMeer (and Jemc for that matter).

Yeah, the BIRD BOX movie is a week and a half away. I'll try to watch it the weekend it debuts, before other people's opinions can threaten to influence mine. I doubt I'll like it as much as the book. But we'll see.
                      I completely agree on you with The Grip of It. Fun read that just kind of died at the end.

Comment

I already owned three different editions of the Southern Reach books but still jumped on a preorder as soon as I got the original email. I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          I already owned three different editions of the Southern Reach books but still jumped on a preorder as soon as I got the original email. I can't wait.
                          Yikes! This is awkward. You see there's a new federal law that prohibits citizens from owning more than three editions of any book. It's called the Government Intervention for Multiple Manual Editions act of 2018. It's intended to extend access to the written word for at-risk readers and those who are critically deprived of new reading material.

But don't worry, I can help! I'll selflessly buy your copy direct from CD to spare you from being afoul of the law!

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                            Yikes! This is awkward. You see there's a new federal law that prohibits citizens from owning more than three editions of any book. It's called the Government Intervention for Multiple Manual Editions act of 2018. It's intended to extend access to the written word for at-risk readers and those who are critically deprived of new reading material.

But don't worry, I can help! I'll selflessly buy your copy direct from CD to spare you from being afoul of the law!
                            No worries — I’m not a Vandermeer fan, so skipped this edition...so slayn666 can have my single-copy allotment.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              No worries — I’m not a Vandermeer fan, so skipped this edition...so slayn666 can have my single-copy allotment.
                              DAMNIT!

Comment

One set is the UK edition so there are extra Us in a bunch of works, technically making it a different book. I'm in the clear!

Comment

Working...
                                X