This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I am not sure about your reading habits but I would take a small break in between them. I re-read the Dark Tower series every once in a awhile and need to take small breaks between some of the books.
    I generally rad everyday and have both a physical book and an audio book going. These will be read as physical books and the going will be slower. If the story is grabbing me pushing through them will not be an issue. Is the story lags and may break them up.

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
      I took a break between the first two, and it wasn't difficult to pick up from where it left off. There were times when I thought "Now who is that again?" but not too many.
      I haven't read the third yet, but will probably take it on after I finish The Expanse series.
      I had to buy all three of these aftermarket because I wasn't around when they were on sale directly. Thanks to Dan (and Roy at Bad Moon Books) for matching my number. I can't wait to complete the set. I also have UK and US firsts of all three books. I like this series!
      I received both book one and two in grab bags (both are PC copies.) I recently purchased the third book since I have the first two. The story intrigues me but without getting the grab bag copies I probably would not have jumped in.

Comment

Looks like Zach finished up shipping City of Mirrors this morning. He's been working his way through some small other publisher projects, and then we'll be on to shipping Head Full of Ghosts later this week. If I did my math correctly I believe there are roughly 4 extra copies of Head Full of Ghosts, so if anyone missed out and wants one, shoot me an email.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          Looks like Zach finished up shipping City of Mirrors this morning. He's been working his way through some small other publisher projects, and then we'll be on to shipping Head Full of Ghosts later this week. If I did my math correctly I believe there are roughly 4 extra copies of Head Full of Ghosts, so if anyone missed out and wants one, shoot me an email.
          Any idea when you'll be shipping the ARC grab bag? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
            Any idea when you'll be shipping the ARC grab bag? thanks.
            I don't know the exact date, but I do know Dan already has the first two review copies tucked away in a safe place, and the other three are due to arrive in March.

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Hi CD,

Any updates yet on when the next title in the "2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag" may be announced? I believe only one title has been announced so far. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Comment

Hey guys - Just received "City of Mirrors" - it is beautiful, but I have a question. Why no ribbon page marker like the two previous books in the series? Was it a decision or a mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                  Hey guys - Just received "City of Mirrors" - it is beautiful, but I have a question. Why no ribbon page marker like the two previous books in the series? Was it a decision or a mistake?
                  Definitely a mistake. We're not 100% sure where that mistake came from though, us or the printer. I'm leaning towards the printer as I'm pretty sure it was on the spec sheets.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    Hi CD,

Any updates yet on when the next title in the "2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag" may be announced? I believe only one title has been announced so far. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!!!
                    I think at this point we're hold off on announcing them until we actually get them going at the printer. Hopefully soon, I'm pretty sure they're either ready or just about ready to go. Just gotta work them into the schedule I think. (don't quote me on that though, it's really more of a Brian question)

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      Definitely a mistake. We're not 100% sure where that mistake came from though, us or the printer. I'm leaning towards the printer as I'm pretty sure it was on the spec sheets.
                      Yeah, the printer. This one went to our new printer that for us is essentially replacing the two printers that closed the other year, and they missed the ribbon. Unfortunately, the ribbon is not an aspect of the production where we get something to approve ahead of time like bluelines for the interior or the DJ, or stamped boards to check the stamping, etc, and we can catch a mistake. When they miss something like the ribbon, we don't know until it's too late.

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I hope they make it right for CD. It should have been quoted that way. They owe you folks a deductive change order.

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                        Yeah, the printer. This one went to our new printer that for us is essentially replacing the two printers that closed the other year, and they missed the ribbon. Unfortunately, the ribbon is not an aspect of the production where we get something to approve ahead of time like bluelines for the interior or the DJ, or stamped boards to check the stamping, etc, and we can catch a mistake. When they miss something like the ribbon, we don't know until it's too late.

Brian
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Received City of Mirrors today. A lovely book. I guess I forgot to make sure my matching number was locked in for it. Of course it's been awhile so I really don't remember. Anyway it's a fantastic book. I love The artwork. Another great production.

Comment

What's the status for the slipcase for The Institute?

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                              What's the status for the slipcase for The Institute?
                              It's at the case maker, not sure what the turnaround time on that is though, so I'm not sure when it'll be done.

Instagram

Comment

With February almost over just checking in on The End of the Road.

Comment

Working...
                                X