This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    So far we haven't been told of any shutdowns of either printer, so I am thinking we're good for the time being. Like Brian said though, that could change any day with the way this situation is evolving.
    Hopefully, with the smaller shops, there's a reasonable expectation of employees being able to keep a safe distance and therefore able to continue working without risk of spreading the virus. I hope that's a factor in any government-forced shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Hopefully, with the smaller shops, there's a reasonable expectation of employees being able to keep a safe distance and therefore able to continue working without risk of spreading the virus. I hope that's a factor in any government-forced shut down.
      For some of the states, such as New York and Pennsylvania, that isn't even a factor. The only factor being considered is if it is an "essential business".
      That being said, the list of essential businesses is kind of vague...

Comment

Edited for sharing too much about my "Essential Business"...nothing to see here!
        Last edited by dannyboy121070; 03-24-2020, 08:00 PM.
        http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

For those who wanted to know how things are going with the new printers we started working with last year:

Earlier this year, The Chrysalis and Mystery Road were published two months early due to a faster than expected turnaround time, and now The Bank by Bentley Little is shipping a couple of weeks early.

There have been three other titles published this year that weren't publicly announced until they were in-stock, and they were also ahead of the planned schedule.

One of our oldest preorders, The Best of Cemetery Dance 2, is moving ahead of schedule at the printer and we could have the trade edition in June (planned date was late August).

Night Shift is on time at the printer, and the books should be done in June. (Slipcases and traycases are another matter, unfortunately, and I don't have an updated delivery date on those yet, but I will share it when I have it... That's why we're sticking with a more general 2020 pub date instead of giving a specific month yet because there are still various factors out of our control...)

There are a few more older titles that are now ready to go, and the plan is to get them to one printer in June and July as they finish other jobs we have with them. That plan depends on the printer running all of their shifts, not having to close due to quarantines, etc. (One printer that just finished their first job for us let us know they're closing until at least May 15. So, we'll have to see how things are going.)

More updates to come as I have them!

Best,
          Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Thanks for the update, Brian.

Comment

Any news on THE JUDAS TREE by Simon Clark? This was offered during one of the previous Collectors’ Club. The Clark title as well as a mosaic novel offered as an incentive. No information about either of these titles. Would love to hear an update.

Thanks and stay well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
                Any news on THE JUDAS TREE by Simon Clark? This was offered during one of the previous Collectors’ Club. The Clark title as well as a mosaic novel offered as an incentive. No information about either of these titles. Would love to hear an update.

Thanks and stay well.
                THE JUDAS TREE is basically ready for the printer. Just need to find a slot for it among the other titles that backlogged during the printer troubles.

The round robin story was originally to be a chapbook, but we ended up with enough material to upgrade that to be a small signed Limited Edition hardcover instead. It is called SUNNY PINES and we got a great Alan Clark cover. I'm not sure if everyone has signed those signature sheets or not. I'll ask someone who is still going to the office to check.

I believe the plan is to get both printed together, hopefully this fall. A lot depends on how many more printers have to shut down for a while, and how paper supplies go this summer, etc.

Brian
                Brian James Freeman

Comment

Thanks Brian.

Jim

Comment

Any news on: The New Cemetery Dance Book Club: SIX Signed Limited Edition Hardcovers!

Someone posted a photo on FB of their ARC and Book Club book haul. I was surprised that they mentioned book club because I have the first three books (I think) and I'm waiting on the last three (I think) with Suffer the Children being one of them (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Any news on: The New Cemetery Dance Book Club: SIX Signed Limited Edition Hardcovers!

Someone posted a photo on FB of their ARC and Book Club book haul. I was surprised that they mentioned book club because I have the first three books (I think) and I'm waiting on the last three (I think) with Suffer the Children being one of them (I think).
                      If I am not stepping on any toes here I believe the book you saw was the first book of the 2020 book club (12 books, 2 lettered) from 3/12/20.

Comment

Originally posted by taost33 View Post
                        If I am not stepping on any toes here I believe the book you saw was the first book of the 2020 book club (12 books, 2 lettered) from 3/12/20.
                        Ah OK. I bought into the book club I'm referring to in 2016.

Comment

Any news yet on when we can expect the next book in the 2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag to be announced? I'm sure it will be awhile until we see them published but I would love to know the remaining or next titles. I believe the only one has been announced so far: the John Saul book. Any info on this grab bag will be appreciated. As always, thanks CD!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                            Any news yet on when we can expect the next book in the 2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag to be announced? I'm sure it will be awhile until we see them published but I would love to know the remaining or next titles. I believe the only one has been announced so far: the John Saul book. Any info on this grab bag will be appreciated. As always, thanks CD!
                            I love both of the other books, and I really want us to get to them ASAP, but our schedule was really wrecked by our printer troubles. I'd hate to guess at a publication schedule, especially given the state of the world (our PA based printer is closed right now, for example), but I really do hope to have a good update later this year.

VERY sorry for the wait! Thank you for your patience!

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Comment

I know that everyone is extremely busy and such things understandably get low priority, but I was wondering if the Production Updates page is scheduled to be revised soon? It has been over a month and a half since it was last updated. Hopefully, many of the active projects have seen progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                                I know that everyone is extremely busy and such things understandably get low priority, but I was wondering if the Production Updates page is scheduled to be revised soon? It has been over a month and a half since it was last updated. Hopefully, many of the active projects have seen progress.
                                Oops, I'm guessing I never got back to uploading the April 14 update. I'll go over everything again soon, and get that update finished.

Brian
                                Brian James Freeman

Comment

Working...
                                X