Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on your Collectors Club edition of JUDAS TREE by Simon Clark? I did not find any reference to it on you site. I also believe there was a book similar to LOOKING GLASS also offered as an exclusive.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
      Thanks, Martin. I was unaware of the "Production Update" page on the website. I just now discovered it after I read your post.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html?
      I check the update page way too often. Glad I could share.

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
        Any news on your Collectors Club edition of JUDAS TREE by Simon Clark? I did not find any reference to it on you site. I also believe there was a book similar to LOOKING GLASS also offered as an exclusive.

Thanks,

Jim
        Hey Jim!

I'd really hope for both of those this year!

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Any updates on GRAVESIDE MANNER and GRAVESIDE MANNER 2?

I believe they were supposed to be part of Cemetery Dance Collector Club 7 and CDCC 8 respectively. The Production Update page does not have any information. While the product page for each says "Forthcoming in 2019", I was hoping for a little more detail.

Thanks!
          mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikekaz View Post
            Any updates on GRAVESIDE MANNER and GRAVESIDE MANNER 2?

I believe they were supposed to be part of Cemetery Dance Collector Club 7 and CDCC 8 respectively. The Production Update page does not have any information. While the product page for each says "Forthcoming in 2019", I was hoping for a little more detail.

Thanks!
            mike
            I'm not sure off the top of my head, but I think the sig sheets for those are currently circulating.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks for the update on the Clark novel and mosaic novel, Brian

Jim

Comment

All of a sudden there are a ton of questions about updates on books. I wonder if this has anything to to do with people complaining on Brian Keene's Facebook fan page about the amount of time it takes for CD to get a book out? I understand the issues that came up in the last year but people are going on about the length of time it was taking before the printer issues. I see where people are coming from as 2 ,3 or more years is a longtime to have a book in production. I myself love the quality of the books and don't mind the wait. I just don't want to see CD's business start to suffer from a reputation of long delays. Part of the other issue s so many today want that instant gratification that they can't wait for anything. Anyone else ?

Comment

There's a difference between expecting instant gratification and expecting a book to be published within a reasonable time frame. No offense to the folks at CD, but, by and large, they kissed the idea of a reasonable time frame goodbye a long, long time ago. Talking up their quality doesn't really cut it, either, as there are a number of other publishers that produce books of equal (or greater) quality that either do it within that reasonable time frame (SubPress), or simply don't put the book up for preorder until publication is imminent (Centipede, TSB).

It also doesn't help that so many collectors have been burned by publishers collecting money for books well in advance of publication, then subsequently going out of business before delivering the books people have paid for. I know that has little to do with CD, as even the longest-delayed books either get released or refunds are issued, but it's part of the reality of the business they're in and, fair or not, is a perception they have to deal with.

I get that the issues CD has faced with losing a major printer are frustrating for all parties involved, but let's not pretend that was the start of their publication delays. I've got preorder emails going back six years for books I still haven't received, and for at least one of those books, the responses I get in this very thread amount to not much more than a shrug of the shoulders.

All that said, I still love every book I've purchased from CD, and if they announce something I'm interested in, I have no qualms about laying down money for what I know is likely to be a wait of a couple years at best. But not every customer is a) so understanding or b) familiar with the timelines involved in a release from CD, so their frustration is perfectly understandable.

Comment

Hey guys!

I didn't want you to think we hadn't seen or had ignored your really good, thoughtful posts. I wasn't on my computer all weekend, but I did read them on my phone and shared with everyone else, but I am not great at replying on the tiny screen.

slayn666 -- You really hit the nail on the head and we've had many, many, many conversations about how to get caught up and how important doing so is for our business and for our customers' state of mind. It's not that we WANT these books to be years behind, of course, or that we ever want a book to take so long, but sometimes things happen and then a cycle forms, and books get stuck in that cycle.

But it is absolutely a problem we are 100% aware of, and we were making some really good headway toward improving things when we ran into that fairly big printer problem -- in fact, the next six books scheduled with them last summer were "way too old" books, which are now scheduled this year with a new printer we've added to our vendor list.

One of the things we're doing in the meantime are more "surprise announcements" of books that are actually almost done or even on their way from the printer. That way there's virtually no wait at all.

But, ultimately, until every old preorder is filled, not everyone will be truly happy -- including us!!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and for doing so in the kindest way possible. We know it's not an easy topic for people to be nice about!

And thank you again for your patience and support!

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      All of a sudden there are a ton of questions about updates on books. I wonder if this has anything to to do with people complaining on Brian Keene's Facebook fan page about the amount of time it takes for CD to get a book out? I understand the issues that came up in the last year but people are going on about the length of time it was taking before the printer issues. I see where people are coming from as 2 ,3 or more years is a longtime to have a book in production. I myself love the quality of the books and don't mind the wait. I just don't want to see CD's business start to suffer from a reputation of long delays. Part of the other issue s so many today want that instant gratification that they can't wait for anything. Anyone else ?
                      I don't think it is expectation of instant gratification when people have been waiting years for a book. Rather, given the unfortunate circumstances at CD , i think most people have been quite understanding. I have been waiting too for a few books which I really am hoping CD will do great job on. I think it's just people anticipating something awesome and that raises their frustration that it's not in their hands yet, lol. Even where I work, funds would not get approved if we didn't have a set deadline and complete laid out plan and proof of concept etc, and some delays are accepted but stakeholders do not give infinite time irrespective of whether we are working weekends or not. I am sure CD is trying hard to get these done, but also from the perspective of a buyer, i think it's difficult to keep placing orders with no clarity of when it will get delivered.

Comment

All of a sudden there are a ton of questions about updates on books. I wonder if this has anything to to do with people complaining on Brian Keene's Facebook fan page about the amount of time it takes for CD to get a book out?
                        For what it's worth, I don't think that has much to do with the questions here. I tend to find that stuff from those Facebook groups doesn't really migrate to the message boards, as if you're already here you know this is where you're probably gonna get the quickest response. What I think does happen though, is that one person has a question, which just then reminds everyone else that this thread exists and other people ask questions too. It's a phenomenon that happens on the Dark Tower board as well. We're always happy to answer production update questions.

Instagram

Comment

Yeah I posted that there so they would have an update. Wasn't expecting the whine fest. I'm sure a big part for many there is that a lot of the group members don't seem to be collectors. I know there was some shock when the last few Thunderstorm prices were announced.

Comment

The arc for SHIVERS VIII says it's coming out April 2019 (presumable just the trade paperback). Will it still be coming out in April?

Comment

Originally posted by kshane View Post
                              The arc for SHIVERS VIII says it's coming out April 2019 (presumable just the trade paperback). Will it still be coming out in April?
                              I think that's the plan, though April is looking pretty busy, so I wouldn't be shocked if it slips to May.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                I think that's the plan, though April is looking pretty busy, so I wouldn't be shocked if it slips to May.
                                What about the review copy grab bag that was announced as "in stock and shipping soon"?

Comment

Working...
                                X