Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Production Update Questions

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    No sweat, Brian, I didn’t take it that way — my skin’s not that thin and on the contrary, I appreciate you giving us a peek behind the publishing curtain to show how this all actually works, all the variables that have to work together to make a project come to fruition. Those of us who aren’t privy to some of that and aren’t knee-deep in it everyday can only muse at what might be a solution. It’s always good to understand why ideas that seem obvious on their face don’t work when practical, in-houses realities are added into the equation.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed St. Troy's Avatar
    Raise your hand if you had it drummed into you to begin your schoolwork immediately with the step of...writing your name at the top of the paper. I did it countless times, and it seemed easy enough, but hey, live and learn.
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Thanks for the latest updates at https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

It really helps to add the year to each update, and it looks like most things are moving along pretty well at this point.

Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Thanks for the latest updates at https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

It really helps to add the year to each update, and it looks like most things are moving along pretty well at this point.
    I noticed the updates as well this morning. It was nice to see that Usher's Passing will finally be getting sent to the printer sometime this year. I appreciate everything Brian, Dan and Mindy have done to steer the ship through these printer issues. I think there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 01-13-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    The signature sheets are with the very last author who needs to sign and then this one will be sent to the printer.
    Shocklines: Fresh Voices in Terror edited by Richard Chizmar & Matt Schwartz & the ghost of Harlan Ellison

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    Shocklines: Fresh Voices in Terror edited by Richard Chizmar & Matt Schwartz & the ghost of Harlan Ellison
    don't laugh but I have had the signed limited of Shocklines on pre order since 2006. And that's not even a complaint, my TBR pile is so big this could have shipped in 2007 and there's a chance it would still be unread by me.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One eyed cat View Post
    don't laugh but I have had the signed limited of Shocklines on pre order since 2006. And that's not even a complaint, my TBR pile is so big this could have shipped in 2007 and there's a chance it would still be unread by me.
    I believe I have an ARC of proof of it.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I don't think there's ever been any doubt that the book is largely done. Rich's interview on The Horror Show briefly mentioned it, and it was mentioned there may be some concerns about mental health involved with the author that's sitting on the signature sheets (note: the mental health thing was definitely mentioned, however it may have been in reference to another delayed CD book).

If that is the case, and CD wants to wait to see if the situation sorts itself out, that's cool. If CD finally gets tired of waiting and prints out more signature sheets and just skips the author that's been holding everything up, that's cool, too. But I do think the paying customers are owed more than the message on the updates page, which hasn't been changed in years. I'm not saying they need to name names, I'm not even really saying they need to go into any detail about the behind-the-scenes stuff at all, but there does need to be an explanation of the plan going forward. Either "we're waiting this out, sorry guys," or, "we're printing new signature sheets, hopefully this will be out in 2021."

I mean, hell, the subtitle needs to be changed anyhow (my personal recommendation: Shocklines: The Last Dangerous Visions - Harlan isn't around to sue!), and if the original full title is on the signature pages, that's going to look weird. If that's the case, there doesn't seem to be a reason not to print up new sheets.
    Last edited by slayn666; 01-17-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    The subtitle for SHOCKLINES has been changed. I don't know if it appears on the signature sheets, but Dan might be able to check and see if we still have the "top sheet" in the bin at the office. (We print a test copy of each signature sheet to make sure everything looks okay, and we usually keep it in a bin labeled "circulating sig sheets" until the sheets are all signed.)

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    And yes, I want to get a better update for everyone. I know it’s been the same for a loooooonnnnggggg time. Rich touched on what is going on, so we don’t want to single someone out, but we are working on a solution. Thank you, as always, for your awesome amount of patience.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Oops. I meant to type ARC or proof.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    I can't find the thread for City of Mirrors, but this is shipping next week.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I can't find the thread for City of Mirrors, but this is shipping next week.
    SWEET!

Just some other general shipping updates for anyone who cares. We're done shipping Revival now. PS Publishing's version of The Stand should be finished tomorrow, with the exception of maybe 10 orders which will have to wait for PS to send us replacement copies for damages.

Next on the shipping list are some lettered editions people have been waiting for. Then we'll be into City of Mirrors next week.

Instagram

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Just some other general shipping updates for anyone who cares. We're done shipping Revival now. PS Publishing's version of The Stand should be finished tomorrow, with the exception of maybe 10 orders which will have to wait for PS to send us replacement copies for damages.

Next on the shipping list are some lettered editions people have been waiting for. Then we'll be into City of Mirrors next week.
    Can I ask where Suntups Brother and Borderlands Little book fall in line?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Can I ask where Suntups Brother and Borderlands Little book fall in line?
    I think we have 4 or 5 misc small quantity other publisher's titles in the queue to ship. The plan is for Dan F. (who's part time) to work on those while Zach is working on the bigger projects and in between shipping the day to day orders. Brother is probably at the top of that other publisher's list. The Little Black book is probably at the bottom, because it's the most complex and will take the most amount of time. Either way probably the week after next for the Little book at the latest and most likely next week for Brother.

Instagram

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    I think we have 4 or 5 misc small quantity other publisher's titles in the queue to ship. The plan is for Dan F. (who's part time) to work on those while Zach is working on the bigger projects and in between shipping the day to day orders. Brother is probably at the top of that other publisher's list. The Little Black book is probably at the bottom, because it's the most complex and will take the most amount of time. Either way probably the week after next for the Little book at the latest and most likely next week for Brother.
    Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Thanks for the update Dan! Am super excited that City of Mirrors will be shipping next week. Have been waiting to do a Cronin re-read until this final volume was produced.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    I am a pessimist by nature but I am excited as well. This will force me to do a re-read of something I (vaguely) remember liking a lot. I liked the stories so much we made a special trip in 2012(?) to see him in Germany.

Great wine and fun night BTW.

JCGroupPhotoTMDrunk_zps919ba0da.jpg

JC1_zps71b5f401.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Thanks for the update Dan! Am super excited that City of Mirrors will be shipping next week. Have been waiting to do a Cronin re-read until this final volume was produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I am a pessimist by nature but I am excited as well. This will force me to do a re-read of something I (vaguely) remember liking a lot. I liked the stories so much we made a special trip in 2012(?) to see him in Germany.

Great wine and fun night BTW.

JCGroupPhotoTMDrunk_zps919ba0da.jpg

JC1_zps71b5f401.jpg
    I have the first two books and just ordered the last book. I have never read these.