• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocklines will be the great forgotten anthology of Cemetery Dance :'(

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      Shocklines will be the great forgotten anthology of Cemetery Dance :'(
      Preordered a signed limited in 2006. But I'm confident that one day I will be reading this one.

Comment

Originally posted by One eyed cat View Post
        Preordered a signed limited in 2006. But I'm confident that one day I will be reading this one.
        Holy crap. I thought my 2014 preorder of the trade was old.

It's gotten to the point where the subtitle on the book is a joke. All the authors are great, but they're hardly "fresh voices" nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
          Holy crap. I thought my 2014 preorder of the trade was old.

It's gotten to the point where the subtitle on the book is a joke. All the authors are great, but they're hardly "fresh voices" nowadays.
          I'm guessing the subtitle has probably changed by now, but we haven't updated the website yet and probably won't until the book is at the printer.

And hey, one of my first professional sales is in the book, so do you think I'd let it die on the vine??

(In all seriousness, I've dragged much more difficult anthologies across the finish line by sheer willpower including a couple of major ones that were essentially abandoned by their editor -- none of the unnamed editors are CD people, but no names will ever be named! -- so I won't let SHOCKLINES of all anthologies ruin my record for getting these things done. This one, the editors are still enthusiastic, there were just a lot of problems over the years... and now one last signer who has had some trouble... but those sheets, they will be signed, and the books will be printed, and this book will be shipped.)

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Speaking of the SHOCKLINES anthology, whatever happened to Matt Schwartz, who ran the Shocklines forum and was one of the editors of the antho? He used to be active in the community, but I haven’t seen his name in a post (or as a poster) for years. Is he still involved with the project?
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Speaking of the SHOCKLINES anthology, whatever happened to Matt Schwartz, who ran the Shocklines forum and was one of the editors of the antho? He used to be active in the community, but I haven’t seen his name in a post (or as a poster) for years. Is he still involved with the project?
              Wherever Matt is, I hope he is happy and doing well. He bent over backwards for his customers, and Shocklines was SUCH a great store. The message board was a blast too, back in the glory days. Matt is one of the good guys.
              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Matt Schwartz is active on Facebook. He really is one of the good guys. He posts a lot of movie reviews on FB, many of which are for films that otherwise I might’ve missed.

Comment

Hi CD- Now that Sleeping Beauties has been printed, do you have any updates on when the 1st title in the "2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag" may be announced? The last update that we had stated that the titles were deep in production and that we should see some movement once Sleeping Beauties was done at the printer. As always, any updates are appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    Hi CD- Now that Sleeping Beauties has been printed, do you have any updates on when the 1st title in the "2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag" may be announced? The last update that we had stated that the titles were deep in production and that we should see some movement once Sleeping Beauties was done at the printer. As always, any updates are appreciated!
                    I don't really have an update on these. We're still dealing with some printer woes at the moment, but we're are running trial projects with 2 new printers and a trial project with a printer we haven't used in something like 8 years. If they go well hopefully we'll be able to make some more progress with some of this backlog.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Just posting a sorta general shipping schedule update, so everyone knows what to expect from us over the next couple of weeks. This is subject to change, but this is the current plan.

Knight of the Word --> Elevation Slipcase --> Cardinal Black Limited Edition

Knight of the Word should start this week and hopefully finish next week. I'm not sure how much is actually going to get done next week as both Brian and I are out of the office all next week and well this week is a short week. I suspect Elevation slipcases won't start until after I'm back.

Instagram

Comment

Any updates on the Shining in the Dark slipcase?

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                          Any updates on the Shining in the Dark slipcase?
                          I don't have any new info yet, but we've moved a bunch of stuff through the slipcase queue recently so it should hopefully be the next thing to go.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            I don't have any new info yet, but we've moved a bunch of stuff through the slipcase queue recently so it should hopefully be the next thing to go.
                            Thanks. I think this is the only order I have where printers aren't at fault. Not that it's bound to be at the top of my read pile.

Comment

...Marvin...Marvin...
                              Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
                                ...Marvin...Marvin...
                                This made me think of R. Kelly's video for Real Talk. At the end he calls for Melvin.

Other than that, I have no idea what you're after with Marvin.

Comment

Working...
                                X