Highbury's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
    No kidding, its a pain in the arse. I may ditch the alphabetical filing at some point as I'm not sure why I did it this way to begin with.
    Collectors OCD.

My books are all alphabetical by author name. I try to keep gaps on each shelf so I am not moving 25 books every time I get a new one.

Comment

^ Yup that's the worst! Nice new adds Highbury!

Comment

Do you use broadart or any other protective covers on your dust jackets?

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
          Always use protection!!! Brodart covers work great.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
            Yes I have used them, just started recently. I have a few signed books that I want protected.

Comment

A little bit of CD love in this one from the 4th of July sale, love the Straub book, more please CD!
              DSC_0999.jpg

Comment

Nice collection Highbury. Now that looks like a library!
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Nice adds. I went to the Brad Thor signing in Scottsdale on Sunday. He's a real nice guy.

Comment

Cool! I watched some of the livestream, that lady host sure talks a lot though haha.

Comment

Some good ol' Canadian Atwood too!!!! Read 2 of her books way back - enjoyed both of them.

Comment

^I had read one of her books when I was in high school and really did not like it. May give her a shot again someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                          Cool! I watched some of the livestream, that lady host sure talks a lot though haha.
                          I know. Lol. I don't know if you saw the part when she told people to put phones away and stop taking pictures, but she made a comment that Thor didn't like them and the look on his face was priceless. You could tell that he could give two shits about the cameras.

Comment

She went on talking about Switzerland and he is just waiting.. gets the mike back and goes straight to talking about his new book, it was so blunt that you just know he doesn't like Grandma Pen.

Comment

She's actually really nice and very knowledgeable about the book business, but does go off on tangents sometimes.

Comment

Great collection and welcome. Love looking at new collection threads. I saw this years obsession on one of your shelves. Wool. Seems we all are getting in on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X