No announcement yet.

Highbury's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was surprised to see Doctor Sleep at the Kroger I shop at (Yes, I know, there are no Kroger's in Canada, however I can drive to one in 15 minutes just outside Detroit and do so every week) had it brand new HC for $18.00.

More nice adds by the way!

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Last time I crossed Windsor (many years ago) into Detroit I took a wrong turn and ended up somewhere unfriendly looking. Kinda like that scene in Lampoons Vacation when they take the rims on the car.
        By the way, Luminaries is one big freakin' book, my goodness!

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
          Last time I crossed Windsor (many years ago) into Detroit I took a wrong turn and ended up somewhere unfriendly looking.
          Ha! When me and my wife were on our way back up to MN from our honeymoon week at the Club Med resort in FL we were using the GPS to find restaurants to eat and I can't remember what city we were in but holy shit that was not a place I had an interest in sticking around in, lol. There were a couple of gas stations that had been closed a long time (Still had prices of under $2 listed, lol) and closed down restaurants and there were shot out windows and such. Needless to say, I wasn't willing to stop anywhere in that area while my wife searched for more places to eat, lol. We ended up going to the opposite side of that city, which was actually nice. I'll have to ask my wife what city that was. Now that I look at a map and think about it, it might have been Montgomery, Alabama, but not sure.
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
            Last time I crossed Windsor (many years ago) into Detroit I took a wrong turn and ended up somewhere unfriendly looking. Kinda like that scene in Lampoons Vacation when they take the rims on the car.
            By the way, Luminaries is one big freakin' book, my goodness!
            Hhhmmmm...that describes a lot of downtown Detroit! It's happened to me before too. Lock the doors, close the windows.

Comment

Rollem' up!

Comment

So I was in Toronto to meet Stephen King and his son Owen. Had two of my books signed and also got a copy of Doctor Sleep signed. It was nice to meet him for the first time.
                DSC_1057.jpgDSC_1059.jpgDSC_1060.jpg

A mix of some other books, a couple are signed.
                DSC_1063.jpgDSC_1064.jpgDSC_1061.jpg
                Last edited by Highbury; 10-31-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

The Grisham is the limited of The Racketeer.DSC_1062.jpg

Comment

Very cool. Love the new adds.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Sweet! Congratz on meeting Mr. King!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Another Update.
                          DSC_1057_01.jpgDSC_1058.jpgDSC_1059_01.jpgDSC_1060_01.jpgDSC_1061_01.jpg

Comment

A couple of updates. Props to CD on the S/L, it is gorgeous.
                            DSC_1060_03.jpgDSC_1062_02.jpgDSC_1063_02.jpgDSC_1064_02.jpgDSC_1065.jpg

Comment

Update #2
                              DSC_1066.jpgDSC_1067.jpgDSC_1068.jpgDSC_1069.jpgDSC_1070.jpgDSC_1071.jpg

Comment

DSC_1072.jpgDSC_1073.jpg

I am liking these Penguin clothbound classic books!

Comment

Working...
                                X