No announcement yet.

Under The Dome premiere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the first episode of this and started to kick myself, now reading all the comments I'm thinking that maybe it was for the better.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

I am still watching it and find it entertaining. I don't mind the new character so much. The episode with the fighting bets bothered me a little with the part of barbie admitting that he did something and having it accepted so nonchalantly.

I would say it is worth checking out though T-Dogz. As long as you can separate it from the book it is pretty entertaining, as least for network TV. Just can't go into it with high expectations, but that can be said for anything done with King's story brought to the big or small screen
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
        I am still watching it and find it entertaining. I don't mind the new character so much. The episode with the fighting bets bothered me a little with the part of barbie admitting that he did something and having it accepted so nonchalantly.

I would say it is worth checking out though T-Dogz. As long as you can separate it from the book it is pretty entertaining, as least for network TV. Just can't go into it with high expectations, but that can be said for anything done with King's story brought to the big or small screen
        I've separated it from the book a long time ago. My wife enjoys it more than I do, and she has never read the book. Maybe that's the key... I'll keep watching, until there's something better on.

Comment

I gave up on the series, but I started rereading the book yesterday and am really enjoying it.

Comment

I've been enjoying it, but it's not on my "watch this right away" list. I'm a week or two behind. I've got a friend (like Rusty's wife) who never read the book and think's it's awesome. I don't know how long they think they can stretch it. I know ratings have been good and they've locked into another season, but that might be more than enough. I hope everyone involved has the guts to end it when they've told enough story, not keep going even if the ratings (and money) are there.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I was enjoying it until the last episode. I'm glad that there's only three episodes left, because (I can't find my spoiler tags ) I'm not looking forward to Fight Club Under the Dome.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                I was enjoying it until the last episode. I'm glad that there's only three episodes left, because (I can't find my spoiler tags ) I'm not looking forward to Fight Club Under the Dome.
                I haven't seen the spoiler tags in a while, but you should still be able to manually put them in there. My problem with the last episode was with something else

Spoiler!

Oh, and unless they've thought better of it, there is going to be a season 2, so they really should say only 3 more episodes remain this season.
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't tune this in. I have the book (2 copies actually), but haven't started it. My wife did, and liked it, but only got a little bit into it before she stopped.

The mixed and negatives reviews make me feel OK with waiting until it comes out on Netflix or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                    Maybe it's a good thing I didn't tune this in. I have the book (2 copies actually), but haven't started it. My wife did, and liked it, but only got a little bit into it before she stopped.

The mixed and negatives reviews make me feel OK with waiting until it comes out on Netflix or something like that.
                    The book is very different, and much better than the TV show. I just reread it and had forgotten a lot of it over the years.

Comment

I like the series. The last episode was one of the best and made me look forward to the last two of the season. At the 11-episode pont, I count

4 great episodes
                      3 good episodes
                      4 average episodes

I give the show 4/5
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The last episode was one of the best and made me look forward to the last two of the season.
                        Agreed! Hopefully the last 2 episodes are as good as that last one was.

Comment

Another good one tonight.

Spoiler!

The finale looks to be a doozy! I can't wait for next Monday. The premiere of Sleepy Hollow is an added bonus.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The premiere of Sleepy Hollow is an added bonus.
                            Is that going to be on after it next week? I'll need to remember to record it. That's one of the new series I want to give a try this fall. I usually try to get into 2-3 new series each fall, and most of the time, they don't last longer than a season or two. Not much good on network TV, in my opinion.

Comment

It comes on FOX a 9pm est. Then UTD is on CBS at 10pm est.
                              Last edited by srboone; 09-10-2013, 06:53 AM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

It comes on FOX a 9pm est. The UTD is on CBS at 10pm est.
                                Well, I guess that's another show I am going to miss out on. I don't get these TV channels in the UK.
                                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X