Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under The Dome premiere

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    I still watch this show and for the most part I find it to be ok and enjoyable, though I really do not like the changes Barbie. Obviously changes had to occur for filming (whether movie or series), but to change the main good guy of the book into a not-so-good douchebag is just stupid and am disappointed King would be fine with that.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    I like what they've done with Jr's characetr. I never liked that Jr started the book out as a complete psycho. Here, we see him first as the own sees him, then when he does his little false imprisonment act; now, responsibility seems to be shaping him up, sort of (he still killed Angie's attacker in cold blood); But's his dad is the one who's losing his cool. It's kinda interesting. I like it.

I didn't like the kids in the beginning of the series, but now Joe and Norrie are the most interesting people in Chester's Mill.

It's not the changes to Barbie's character that bother me as much as the fact that they've made him into a standard TV flawed hero.

At the halfway point, I give it a 7/10
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    I'm having similar feelings Squire. Right now I'm only on the 4th episode, I guess I'll give the fifth a shot today and see how it goes...

Is anyone still watching this? My wife and I have continued to watch it from the start, but I'm now getting turned off since the new character Max has been introduced.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    I am but have mixed feelings. I thought it was getting better and then went off the rails with the introduction of new people. I am trying to stick with it but they are making it tough.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar
    I missed the first episode of this and started to kick myself, now reading all the comments I'm thinking that maybe it was for the better.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

I am still watching it and find it entertaining. I don't mind the new character so much. The episode with the fighting bets bothered me a little with the part of barbie admitting that he did something and having it accepted so nonchalantly.

I would say it is worth checking out though T-Dogz. As long as you can separate it from the book it is pretty entertaining, as least for network TV. Just can't go into it with high expectations, but that can be said for anything done with King's story brought to the big or small screen
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by RJK1981 View Post
    I am still watching it and find it entertaining. I don't mind the new character so much. The episode with the fighting bets bothered me a little with the part of barbie admitting that he did something and having it accepted so nonchalantly.

I would say it is worth checking out though T-Dogz. As long as you can separate it from the book it is pretty entertaining, as least for network TV. Just can't go into it with high expectations, but that can be said for anything done with King's story brought to the big or small screen
    I've separated it from the book a long time ago. My wife enjoys it more than I do, and she has never read the book. Maybe that's the key... I'll keep watching, until there's something better on.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I gave up on the series, but I started rereading the book yesterday and am really enjoying it.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    I've been enjoying it, but it's not on my "watch this right away" list. I'm a week or two behind. I've got a friend (like Rusty's wife) who never read the book and think's it's awesome. I don't know how long they think they can stretch it. I know ratings have been good and they've locked into another season, but that might be more than enough. I hope everyone involved has the guts to end it when they've told enough story, not keep going even if the ratings (and money) are there.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    I was enjoying it until the last episode. I'm glad that there's only three episodes left, because (I can't find my spoiler tags ) I'm not looking forward to Fight Club Under the Dome.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    I was enjoying it until the last episode. I'm glad that there's only three episodes left, because (I can't find my spoiler tags ) I'm not looking forward to Fight Club Under the Dome.
    I haven't seen the spoiler tags in a while, but you should still be able to manually put them in there. My problem with the last episode was with something else

Spoiler!

Oh, and unless they've thought better of it, there is going to be a season 2, so they really should say only 3 more episodes remain this season.
    Spoiler!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Maybe it's a good thing I didn't tune this in. I have the book (2 copies actually), but haven't started it. My wife did, and liked it, but only got a little bit into it before she stopped.

The mixed and negatives reviews make me feel OK with waiting until it comes out on Netflix or something like that.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by TJCams View Post
    Maybe it's a good thing I didn't tune this in. I have the book (2 copies actually), but haven't started it. My wife did, and liked it, but only got a little bit into it before she stopped.

The mixed and negatives reviews make me feel OK with waiting until it comes out on Netflix or something like that.
    The book is very different, and much better than the TV show. I just reread it and had forgotten a lot of it over the years.

I like the series. The last episode was one of the best and made me look forward to the last two of the season. At the 11-episode pont, I count

4 great episodes
    3 good episodes
    4 average episodes

I give the show 4/5
    "I'm a vegan. "

The last episode was one of the best and made me look forward to the last two of the season.
    Agreed! Hopefully the last 2 episodes are as good as that last one was.

Another good one tonight.

Spoiler!

The finale looks to be a doozy! I can't wait for next Monday. The premiere of Sleepy Hollow is an added bonus.
    "I'm a vegan. "

The premiere of Sleepy Hollow is an added bonus.
    Is that going to be on after it next week? I'll need to remember to record it. That's one of the new series I want to give a try this fall. I usually try to get into 2-3 new series each fall, and most of the time, they don't last longer than a season or two. Not much good on network TV, in my opinion.

It comes on FOX a 9pm est. Then UTD is on CBS at 10pm est.
    Last edited by srboone; 09-10-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar
    It comes on FOX a 9pm est. The UTD is on CBS at 10pm est.
    Well, I guess that's another show I am going to miss out on. I don't get these TV channels in the UK.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King