Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under The Dome premiere

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I've probably read at least a thousand books since Under the Dome, so I can't say I remember the details.

I thought the first episode was pretty good. I'll keep recording it for now and see how it goes.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Did not watch and don't plan on watching. Nothing against the show its just that I am going to be very busy this summer between Scout camp,work,volunteering at SPAC and other family activities.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    Then watch it after the summer silly. You can't just NOT watch it. TSK TSK BW!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    If it is available on DVD I will probably get it. No dvr so can't do that.I guess we will see.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Very nice packaging for the set.

Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    That is one super-cool bit of packaging.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

I don't care for the handprint. Maybe just because its not logical for it to be so large. lol. I wish the whole thing were bigger. I will probably get it, although not through CD. I'd only have to pay shipping but I think I will go with Amazon and pay $69.99 and no shipping n save my Gift card.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I preordered the blu ray on Amazon this afternoon for $69.99 and went back a couple hours later to show it to a friend--they raised the price to $79.99. Nothing like getting a deal because of an Amazon pricing error!

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Here's letter from Uncle Stevie to those who are distressed about the differences between the book and the series:

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/utd_on_tv/letter.html
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Well said by King!

I like to bitch about the book being better than the movie on many occasions. But he is absolutely right, the book has not changed one bit. Open it up and it is still the same.

I agree, well said. It's just annoying when you expect it to be like the book. I always hate when they change stuff but I completely agree that the changes can be necessary. Although the Barbie thing is a little too much for me regardless.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    Stephen King's appearance on Sunday Morning talking about Under the Dome

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50149794n

still complaining about Kubrick, lol

Awesome stuff! Loved his crack about Showgirls 2: Cockroaches from Arcturus and his saying mean things about Kubrick now that he's dead! Hate to tell King, but Kubrick's The Shinging is gonna outlas his TV version (but he probably knows this).

Be sure to watch the exclusive content as well as the aired segment.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I can't believe they're going to drag things on for at least another season. I'm done. It's not THAT good.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I can't believe they're going to drag things on for at least another season. I'm done. It's not THAT good.
    I'm also done. I've been watching it only in the hope that things would be wrapped up at the end of the season, but now it looks as if it'll just drag on until they pull the plug.

The show should be called the never ending story. Now I don't know if I ever want to see this.I had thought about getting the DVD but now I am not sure.

I don't watch much TV, so I'll continue with it. Right now, it's the only weekly program I watch. But I am starting to dislike series structured like this.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Then they make you wait for a year before returning. I lost interest in walking dead after the long break. Things just got so busy I forgot it was coming back.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed paperdragon's Avatar
    I have not caught the show since the second episode. It comes on at 10pm which makes me think about how small minded the network is. They highly touted and promoted this show but don't have the balls to put it on earlier due to the graphic violence. However they can have shows on at 8pm that have sexual situations or innuendos, homosexuality, murder, or a plethora of other questionable content but are scared to broadcast this at an earlier time. I was catching it on the rebroadcast at 10pm Sunday but after the second episode they were not rebroadcasting it. Maybe if it had a laugh track it would be ok to show it earlier.

So I guess I will just wait till its on DVD. The networks just can't seem to figure out why shows like Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad are wiping them out in the ratings.
    If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal