Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74

Thread: Under The Dome premiere

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,659
    Rep Power
    27

    Under The Dome premiere

    The pilot of the 13-episode summer series just ended but will be rebroadcast on Sunday night.

    Any thoughts?
    "I'm a vegan. "

    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,885
    Rep Power
    24
    Doesn't air here for another hour and a half. I will not be up that late so I will try to watch it tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    The pilot of the 13-episode summer series just ended but will be rebroadcast on Sunday night.

    Any thoughts?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    953
    Rep Power
    11
    I have it on the DVR...I can't watch live TV with commercials. I'll get to it later today.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Inmate rusty23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    9
    Watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good so far.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,659
    Rep Power
    27
    I really liked it. A lot of negative reactions to it on GR by people who are just finishing the novel to get ready for the series. That's a mistake. The slightest deviation in character or story will turn you off of any filmed version of a book if you do that.
    "I'm a vegan. "

    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

  6. #6
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,392
    Rep Power
    15
    Does anyone know the schedule for the rest of the series??

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,659
    Rep Power
    27
    Mondays at 10pm EST, is all I've heard.
    "I'm a vegan. "

    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

  8. #8
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Tito_Villa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A cottage in the middle of England
    Posts
    1,034
    Rep Power
    11
    Was it worth watching then?
    Apart from the ending i really loved the book!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Inmate rusty23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Was it worth watching then?
    Apart from the ending i really loved the book!
    Absolutely. Like Squire said, it didn't follow the book exactly, but I didn't mind. I will watch again next week.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,885
    Rep Power
    24
    Preliminary ratings for last night show Under the Dome dominating the night.

    Under the Dome - 13.1 Million viewers
    Stanley Cup Final Game 6 - 8.3 Million viewers
    Mistresses - 3.6 Million viewers

  11. #11
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,396
    Rep Power
    16
    I'm excited about this series. Loved the book, but would not mind if they changed the ending in the series!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,885
    Rep Power
    24
    Just watched the first episode. The novel is in my bottom five for King stories. Overall the pilot was enjoyable, I did not mind the variations from the novel and hope the ending is better than the novel. I will continue to watch the series.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed paperdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    deep in the woods of Sandpoint, Id
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    8
    Forgot it started last night, will catch Sunday
    If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

  14. #14
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,200
    Rep Power
    14
    I've only seen the first half, this morning, but enjoyed it so far. The change to Barbie's character threw me, but I'm sure we'll get that figured out.

    I'm also glad the ending/reason for the dome will be changed.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    863
    Rep Power
    8
    I liked it. The changes were a little strange but after a while I just wanted to see where they would take the story.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,659
    Rep Power
    27
    Well, King is still in charge of the story. I figured he changed characters around to have them show more growth over the series or to tap outlets of their characters that occurred to him after the fact. I was most struck by the character of Big Jim. I was surprised when they made him a healthy, robust Bruce Willis look-a-like, instead of the obese, slovenly character he was in the book.
    "I'm a vegan. "

    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

  17. #17
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,885
    Rep Power
    24
    I think the man playing Big Jim fits the dominate personality better than the described person in the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Well, King is still in charge of the story. I figured he changed characters around to have them show more growth over the series or to tap outlets of their characters that occurred to him after the fact. I was most struck by the character of Big Jim. I was surprised when they made him a healthy, robust Bruce Willis look-a-like, instead of the obese, slovenly character he was in the book.

  18. #18
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    3,077
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryE View Post
    I've only seen the first half, this morning, but enjoyed it so far. The change to Barbie's character threw me, but I'm sure we'll get that figured out.

    I'm also glad the ending/reason for the dome will be changed.
    The change to Barbies, Julia's and Norrie's characters threw me. I expect alot of plot change and extention into other things to keep the show going but I hate when they change Major things that made the book what it was. Norrie I can handle but Barbie and Julia are supposed to have this awkward relationship where they want each other n shit but she is older than him. That and the first thing about Barbie which I wont say because of spoilers.

    I disagree about Squires take on Big jim. Hes still a larger, round man who likes like he's gonna take a heart attack. I also really like this guy from Breaking Bad and think he is going to make a great Big Jim as the story progresses.

    Also, Am I wrong about this? I could be remembering wrong but I thought they could hear through the dome in the book. I dont know if I am wrong or if its another change they made to help make the story go on longer because without communication. Oh wait, am I just thinking they communicate because eventually Joe does his computer thing. iunno. I sometimes can't remember shit.

  19. #19
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    3,077
    Rep Power
    15
    Oh and the beginning, the dome coming down, should have been way more over the top and awesome. The book was so vivid and the chipmunk was my favorite part. The special effects could have been better with the big names they had behind this thing. The cow and the plan looked pretty bad.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,885
    Rep Power
    24
    I am unsure about the change to Barbie's character, I will reserve judgement until things develop but I am not bit on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriw View Post
    The change to Barbies, Julia's and Norrie's characters threw me. I expect alot of plot change and extention into other things to keep the show going but I hate when they change Major things that made the book what it was. Norrie I can handle but Barbie and Julia are supposed to have this awkward relationship where they want each other n shit but she is older than him. That and the first thing about Barbie which I wont say because of spoilers.

    I disagree about Squires take on Big jim. Hes still a larger, round man who likes like he's gonna take a heart attack. I also really like this guy from Breaking Bad and think he is going to make a great Big Jim as the story progresses.

    Also, Am I wrong about this? I could be remembering wrong but I thought they could hear through the dome in the book. I dont know if I am wrong or if its another change they made to help make the story go on longer because without communication. Oh wait, am I just thinking they communicate because eventually Joe does his computer thing. iunno. I sometimes can't remember shit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •