No announcement yet.

Under The Dome premiere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, King is still in charge of the story. I figured he changed characters around to have them show more growth over the series or to tap outlets of their characters that occurred to him after the fact. I was most struck by the character of Big Jim. I was surprised when they made him a healthy, robust Bruce Willis look-a-like, instead of the obese, slovenly character he was in the book.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I think the man playing Big Jim fits the dominate personality better than the described person in the book.
      Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Well, King is still in charge of the story. I figured he changed characters around to have them show more growth over the series or to tap outlets of their characters that occurred to him after the fact. I was most struck by the character of Big Jim. I was surprised when they made him a healthy, robust Bruce Willis look-a-like, instead of the obese, slovenly character he was in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
        I've only seen the first half, this morning, but enjoyed it so far. The change to Barbie's character threw me, but I'm sure we'll get that figured out.

I'm also glad the ending/reason for the dome will be changed.
        The change to Barbies, Julia's and Norrie's characters threw me. I expect alot of plot change and extention into other things to keep the show going but I hate when they change Major things that made the book what it was. Norrie I can handle but Barbie and Julia are supposed to have this awkward relationship where they want each other n shit but she is older than him. That and the first thing about Barbie which I wont say because of spoilers.

I disagree about Squires take on Big jim. Hes still a larger, round man who likes like he's gonna take a heart attack. I also really like this guy from Breaking Bad and think he is going to make a great Big Jim as the story progresses.

Also, Am I wrong about this? I could be remembering wrong but I thought they could hear through the dome in the book. I dont know if I am wrong or if its another change they made to help make the story go on longer because without communication. Oh wait, am I just thinking they communicate because eventually Joe does his computer thing. iunno. I sometimes can't remember shit.

Comment

Oh and the beginning, the dome coming down, should have been way more over the top and awesome. The book was so vivid and the chipmunk was my favorite part. The special effects could have been better with the big names they had behind this thing. The cow and the plan looked pretty bad.

Comment

I am unsure about the change to Barbie's character, I will reserve judgement until things develop but I am not bit on that.
            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            The change to Barbies, Julia's and Norrie's characters threw me. I expect alot of plot change and extention into other things to keep the show going but I hate when they change Major things that made the book what it was. Norrie I can handle but Barbie and Julia are supposed to have this awkward relationship where they want each other n shit but she is older than him. That and the first thing about Barbie which I wont say because of spoilers.

I disagree about Squires take on Big jim. Hes still a larger, round man who likes like he's gonna take a heart attack. I also really like this guy from Breaking Bad and think he is going to make a great Big Jim as the story progresses.

Also, Am I wrong about this? I could be remembering wrong but I thought they could hear through the dome in the book. I dont know if I am wrong or if its another change they made to help make the story go on longer because without communication. Oh wait, am I just thinking they communicate because eventually Joe does his computer thing. iunno. I sometimes can't remember shit.

Comment

I've probably read at least a thousand books since Under the Dome, so I can't say I remember the details.

I thought the first episode was pretty good. I'll keep recording it for now and see how it goes.

Comment

Did not watch and don't plan on watching. Nothing against the show its just that I am going to be very busy this summer between Scout camp,work,volunteering at SPAC and other family activities.

Comment

Then watch it after the summer silly. You can't just NOT watch it. TSK TSK BW!

Comment

If it is available on DVD I will probably get it. No dvr so can't do that.I guess we will see.

Comment

c heck this out!

http://liljas-library.com/article.ph...#open_comments
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Very nice packaging for the set.

Originally posted by srboone View Post

Comment

That is one super-cool bit of packaging.
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I don't care for the handprint. Maybe just because its not logical for it to be so large. lol. I wish the whole thing were bigger. I will probably get it, although not through CD. I'd only have to pay shipping but I think I will go with Amazon and pay $69.99 and no shipping n save my Gift card.

Comment

I preordered the blu ray on Amazon this afternoon for $69.99 and went back a couple hours later to show it to a friend--they raised the price to $79.99. Nothing like getting a deal because of an Amazon pricing error!

Comment

Here's letter from Uncle Stevie to those who are distressed about the differences between the book and the series:

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/utd_on_tv/letter.html
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X