Sinister Grin Press presents: The Fresh Meat Writing Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinister Grin Press presents: The Fresh Meat Writing Contest

We know how difficult it can be for new writers to break onto the scene. It seems that most presses are either closed for submissions or are invite only. It can get frustrating, we understand. Sinister Grin Press wants to give the new guys and gals a chance to get their foot in the door. Introducing the Fresh Meat Writing Contest! An elimination competition for fresh talent in horror fiction. We are looking for new novels. The winner will receive a contract for their book, along with an advance and royalties. But we’re not going to make it easy on you.

So who’s going to judge this thing?

The panel of judges we have lined up is just amazing. And I admit, a bit intimidating. Find out more at http://sinistergrinpress.com/

Submissions open from now until Halloween. The contestants will be announced then!

Sounds great! And indeed, a great panel of judges!

Comment

A very interesting idea. If successful maybe they can turn it into a reality series.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I just keep seeing all these elimination shows pop up on television. Singing and dancing of course, but now special effects makeup, tattoos, and there was a film making one a while back. I couldn't help but wish there would be one for horror writing one day, but I know that won't happen. It just wouldn't make good television. So I came up with this idea so we could have our own version of an elimination show. I think it's going to be a lot of fun, and a great experience for the new writers. If all goes well, I'm planning on doing this once a year.

Comment

Interesting and fun idea. I like it. Wish you folks the best of luck with this.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I like the idea too, I may actually enter, I've got a fleshed out idea for a story but I don't know if I can stretch it to novel length.

Comment

Working...
            X