No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Influence by Bentley Little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have a nice mint copy of The Store in paperback on the shelf. I quite enjoyed that one but haven't read any of his other works. Hey Brian, is it an easy proposition to take some of the older novels and give them the CD treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
      I still have a nice mint copy of The Store in paperback on the shelf. I quite enjoyed that one but haven't read any of his other works. Hey Brian, is it an easy proposition to take some of the older novels and give them the CD treatment?
      It's something that would have to be negotiated with his agent and Bentley would obviously have to want to do it (he had a bad small press experience in the past) and other stars would need to align properly, etc. But if the opportunity presents itself, we'll definitely do everything we can to make it happen!

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

There might be some spoilers in this if you want to know absolutely NOTHING before you start reading, but I kind of love the last line of the review!

"Laid off from his engineering job, down-on-his-luck Ross accepts an invitation to live in his cousin Lita's guest shack in the microscopic desert burg of Magdalena, Arizona. There he finds a simpler life that appeals to him, a girl he's crazy about, and some hideous miniature kangaroos with rat faces. Okay, let's back up. It was during local bigwig Cameron Holt's New Year's Eve party that the entire assemblage celebrated at midnight by shooting their guns into the air. The problem? Their bullets hit something. Something god-awful. Right now it's stored inside Holt's smokehouse. And its influence is bringing some people fantastically good luck and others bad—very bad. It's also turning Magdalena into a jungle of mutated creatures that would make Dr. Moreau proud: gigantic chickens, zombie dogs, living cookies, animate scarecrows, whistling flowers, and oh-so-much more. Yes, the criminally overlooked Little might go a little too crazy here, but his small-town-loses-its-shit recalls his masterful The Mailman, and that should be all the recommendation fans need."
        Booklist, Daniel Kraus
        Brian James Freeman

Comment

Now I want to read it even more! Hurry up October!

Comment

This will be my first Little read actually (other than some shorts in CD mag) - yes I know, what rock have I been living under.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
              This will be my first Little read actually (other than some shorts in CD mag) - yes I know, what rock have I been living under.
              Don't worry, you are not the only one under that rock. Along with this on order I also have the two previuos titles released by CD. The next book I plan to read will be The Circle which will be my first, very interested in further reading with the outlines of other books sounding intriguing.

Two titles that have often been mentioned as being very good are "The Association" and "The Collection". Anyone got any other recommendations?

Comment

Hands down The Collection is one of the best short story collections around.

Comment

I've only read a few Littles, but the ones I've read have been terrific. Looking forward to this one.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Amazon says this will be out on October 29th. True or just Amazon being Amazon and guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      Amazon says this will be out on October 29th. True or just Amazon being Amazon and guessing.
                      It's rolling at the printer, although I may not have updated the website to mention that yet! I wouldn't expect Amazon to have copies until mid-November, though, because they don't order directly from us, so they have to get their copies from third party distributors.

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Comment

^ Good to hear, I was just thinking about this book today. Should arrive just around the time of my birthday!

Comment

Really like the cover for the signed limited, much more than the other cover

little03.jpg
                          If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

I agree. The cover for the trade version is good, but the s/l cover is so much more creepy.

Comment

There both great covers. CD comes through again and shows why they are so good. A very nice surprise. Thanks guys.

Comment

The waiting is the hardest part . . . .
                                " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
                                - Cicero

Comment

Working...
                                X