Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest on SK and PS

Interesting News:

The big news this week is we can confirm that, next year (spring and late winter respectively), we’ll be doing special slipcased Anniversary editions of Stephen King’s THINNER (originally published under the by-line of Richard Bachman) and SKELETON CREW. Stepping up to the plate for artwork chores on THINNER is Les Edwards while multiple Jack Kirby Award-winning comicbook artist Stephen R. Bissette is already going hell-for-leather on colour spreads for SKELETON CREW plus art-headers for each story. And if that isn’t quite enough for you, we’re aiming to include Pete Von Sholly’s storyboards for Frank Darabont’s movie adaptation of THE MIST. We’ll be doing updates on these two as we move along—with details of Introductions, Afterwords and signatures as they’re decided, pretty much the same way we’re treating CHRISTINE and PET SEMATARY . . . talking of which, here’s one of David Gentry’s fabulous spreads for PET SEMATARY—image001.jpg

I'm starting to rethink my position on these PS Anniversary editions. The art so far has been fantastic and Les Edwards and Stephen Bissette on tap for the next two...man, these are going to be some good looking books!

Comment

I agree, this one from Pet Sematary and the ones I've seen from Christine are beautiful.
      Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      I'm starting to rethink my position on these PS Anniversary editions. The art so far has been fantastic and Les Edwards and Stephen Bissette on tap for the next two...man, these are going to be some good looking books!

Comment

I think I might have to get those also. I love that painting and am happy to be getting both of this years books. I can not wait to see what they do with skeleton crew.

Comment

I've waiting to see the art for Pet Sematary and I'm floored. This is excellent and I can't wait for Skeleton Crew.

Comment

Skeleton Crew sounds good!

Comment

Wow, great news! Would love to get Skeleton Crew!

Thanks for posting this as I seem to have missed the news somehow.

Comment

Oooh, I may have to jump on Skeleton Crew. I love Bissette's work.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Looks like they have the cover art up with the title on it now. Still on the fence. It might be time that I get knocked down on to one side or the other!

Comment

I SO wish these were reral signed limiteds instead of a fake sig, but I could not pass up Pet Semetary.

Comment

I broke down and ordered a Pet Sematary... the artwork just looked too beautiful...

Comment

I didn't care about the sig. I chose to pretend it doesn't even exist and think of it as a gift edition as thats the way its priced. Be nice if they had a signed limited option though. (But i prob couldn't afford it)

Comment

I haven't read either book, but I love Stephen Bissette's art.

Comment

Working...
                          X