Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: Upcoming Work

  1. #21
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    13
    Excellent news. Hope this gets some mainstream attention and some love from the small press folks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    though it's plenty grim and almost suffocatingly dark.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Thank you, sir!

  3. #23
    Junior Member Visitor Zaharoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Tipán
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Kealan, I've had Shocklines on order since - 2005? - really?
    Looking forward to it.

  4. #24
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    13
    Hopefully the build up will be well worth it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaharoff View Post
    Kealan, I've had Shocklines on order since - 2005? - really?
    Looking forward to it.

  5. #25
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    13
    Does anyone else subscribe to Kealan's newsletter? I could have sworn I had read in it that he had a new novel almost complete or coming soon. However I think I deleted the newsletter and I don't see any update like that on his website.

  6. #26
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    14
    I don’t subscribe to his newsletter, but last I heard he was working on the sequel to KIN and that there was an upcoming limited compiling all of his Milestone stories. I’m very eager to read both.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,820
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Does anyone else subscribe to Kealan's newsletter? I could have sworn I had read in it that he had a new novel almost complete or coming soon. However I think I deleted the newsletter and I don't see any update like that on his website.
    From Mr. Burkes last newsletter:

    Before we get to the meat of this newsletter, I wanted to let you know that I am closing in on the end of Mr. Stitch, my first new novel in six years. It's been a long road to get this monster out into the world, but I hope when it finally learns to stand, you'll appreciate it despite its scars and ugliness. I'll share more news as I can, but rest assured, just because it may seem quiet, doesn't mean I'm not always up to something wicked...

  8. #28
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    13
    Rep heading your way. Thanks for the below. It's appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    From Mr. Burkes last newsletter:

    Before we get to the meat of this newsletter, I wanted to let you know that I am closing in on the end of Mr. Stitch, my first new novel in six years. It's been a long road to get this monster out into the world, but I hope when it finally learns to stand, you'll appreciate it despite its scars and ugliness. I'll share more news as I can, but rest assured, just because it may seem quiet, doesn't mean I'm not always up to something wicked...

  9. #29
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,820
    Rep Power
    24
    Happy to help!

  10. #30
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Hey guys, sorry it took me a minute to respond. To address what's already been said here, yes, I'm closing in on the end of Mr. Stitch, which is shaping up to be something very different for me. After that, I'll be starting on the next novel, already plotted and ready to rumble.

    Plans for a limited of Milestone have, sadly, fallen by the wayside, as it looks like the publisher got busy with other things. The book is, however, still available in both digital and trade paperback editions. Speaking of which, I've also recently made my autumnal collection DEAD LEAVES available in paperback for the first time. You can find both of these books at the usual online retailers.

    And last but not least, there's the new collection, We Live Inside Your Eyes, which I'm very excited about, as I think it represents my best work to date and will feature some material written just for the book. This will be released in April of next year. You can keep up to date with what's happening via the blog on my website: www.kealanpatrickburke.com/blog


  11. #31
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    So am I! That's a really long time.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Sadly, a KIN sequel is a good ways away, if it happens at all. I have the plot and some of it written, but there are other stories I have to/want to write first, and those will always take precedence. I have to absolutely need to write the story, to be consumed by it, or the likelihood is it won't be as good as it needs to be, and that's just not where I am right now.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,820
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Sadly, a KIN sequel is a good ways away, if it happens at all. I have the plot and some of it written, but there are other stories I have to/want to write first, and those will always take precedence. I have to absolutely need to write the story, to be consumed by it, or the likelihood is it won't be as good as it needs to be, and that's just not where I am right now.
    I love Kin and would love a sequel but not for the sake of a sequel. If it does not due the original justice then it was not needed. Any update on Digital 50?

  14. #34
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,692
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I love Kin and would love a sequel but not for the sake of a sequel. If it does not due the original justice then it was not needed. Any update on Digital 50?
    Kin is one of those books I keep meaning to grab and then I forget. I'm going to put it on my WANT TO READ list on Goodreads while I'm thinking about it. Sounds awesome.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I love Kin and would love a sequel but not for the sake of a sequel. If it does not due the original justice then it was not needed. Any update on Digital 50?
    Got Digital 50 too. Never did get the short story.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I love Kin and would love a sequel but not for the sake of a sequel. If it does not due the original justice then it was not needed. Any update on Digital 50?
    Got Digital 50 too. Never did get the short story.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,820
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Kin is one of those books I keep meaning to grab and then I forget. I'm going to put it on my WANT TO READ list on Goodreads while I'm thinking about it. Sounds awesome.
    You must get to this one. It is an awesome read and would be a great October read!

  18. #38
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    13
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    You must get to this one. It is an awesome read and would be a great October read!

  19. #39
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I love Kin and would love a sequel but not for the sake of a sequel. If it does not due the original justice then it was not needed. Any update on Digital 50?
    Yes, exactly. I've never written anything I didn't feel absolutely compelled to write. It would certainly be apparent in the work if I did.

    As for Digital 50, the next title going out will be the collection in April. I'm also hoping to get the signed short story out to everyone by then.
    Last edited by Kealan Patrick Burke; 10-02-2018 at 04:45 PM. Reason: error

  20. #40
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Kin is one of those books I keep meaning to grab and then I forget. I'm going to put it on my WANT TO READ list on Goodreads while I'm thinking about it. Sounds awesome.
    Thanks Jeff!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •