No announcement yet.

What Are You Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the few King books that I didn't love.
    http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Just finished reading Wool. Can't wait to read Shift now!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
        Just finished reading Wool. Can't wait to read Shift now!
        Let us know how it is. I still need to read the rest of Wool. I read the first story in e-book form and was hooked.
        WOW POST 3900.

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
          I thought Insomnia was just OK, but it did keep me up at night

Comment

Finished a A Taste of You, which was a good novella. Still reading Fangtooth, which is going well enough that I went ahead and purchase The Kult and The Mutilation Machination since they were both just $0.99 for my Kindle.

Even though I haven't finished Fangtooth yet, I will be starting Exit Reality by Robert S. Wilson later today or tomorrow now that I have finally gotten it. It is a short novella, so it shouldn't take very long to read and then I can get to the newest Gifune book.

Next Tuesday I should be getting And The Mountains Echoed, the newest book from Khaled Hosseini. Absolutely loved his previous works, especially The Kite Runner, and am very much looking forward to reading this. Have to be sure I am in the right mood for it, as his works can absolutely deliver an emotional punch to the gut. I made the mistake of reading his 2 books back to back, so I was too drained emotionally from Kite Runner for A Thousand Splendid Suns to have quite the same impact emotionally as I am sure it would have had if I'd spaced the books out. Not sure if I will read his newest right away or maybe save it for when I go up to the cabin on vacation at the end of July.
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

It's been forever since I've read this and so far the re-read has been tough.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Hosseini is an author I've heard nothing but good things about, but just haven't gotten around to reading yet. Will have to amend that one of these days if my TBR pile of 400+ books doesn't topple over and kill me first.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                  It's been forever since I've read this and so far the re-read has been tough.
                  This was the book that started my burned out phase on King's work. I followed that one with ROSE MADDER which I liked up until the ending. He wouldn't win me back again until DUMA KEY.

Comment

He wouldn't win me back again until DUMA KEY.
                    I think he won a lot of people back with that book. One of my favorites that had that great SK feel to it.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I've been rereading Misery, first time since its release. I've watched the movie several times and have always liked it but I thought I'd be disappointed with the book but have found it very engaging. Though I like most of King's works, I better like those that are focused on a few people rather large groups, I seem to care more about what happens to them.

I think he won a lot of people back with that book. One of my favorites that had that great SK feel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                        I've been rereading Misery, first time since its release. I've watched the movie several times and have always liked it but I thought I'd be disappointed with the book but have found it very engaging. Though I like most of King's works, I better like those that are focused on a few people rather large groups, I seem to care more about what happens to them.
                        I'd agree with you for the most part. I also seem to prefer his smaller canvases, though there are exceptions: Under the Dome being one of them.

Comment

Yep, absolutely.

Comment

I liked Under the Dome until the end, then it just fizzled for me. Otherwise, I did enjoy it, especially Big Jim. It's not often that I loathe someone so much, especially someone who isn't even real.

I'd agree with you for the most part. I also seem to prefer his smaller canvases, though there are exceptions: Under the Dome being one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                              I liked Under the Dome until the end, then it just fizzled for me. Otherwise, I did enjoy it, especially Big Jim. It's not often that I loathe someone so much, especially someone who isn't even real.
                              Yeah, he was a great (if despicable) character. King did a great job bringing him to ugly life. I'm equally excited that in the upcoming miniseries, the role of Big Jim is being played by Hank from BREAKING BAD (Dean Norris), which I consider perfect casting.

Comment

I am unsure of Insomnia - sounds like a good story, but I've heard many mixed reviews..... Yet Duma Key found it's way into my hands at my local store a few times, but I always put it back down for some reason.

My TBR pile is pretty big for my standards, and growing. Plus my Kobo books keep increasing too. I just finished The Teratologist, which was "weird" - see my quick review on the main "what are you currently reading" thread.

I started Blue November Storms on my lunch break, and should finish it tonight. Quick pace, short chapters, great flow.

I too find it hard to do more than once book at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X