What Are You Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit - haven't read the book though.
    I hated the movie, which is why I'm afraid to pick up the book. Well, maybe hate is too strong a word, but I just couldn't get into it really...

Although there hasn't been a King book I haven't liked so... And lets be honest, not many King movies have done the books justice.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
      Can't decide on what to read next... Torn between Book of Horrors or Dreamcatcher...
      Book of Horrors!!!!!!
      Dreamcatcher
      "now youes can't leave"
      A Bronx Tale
      directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

working on The Shift by Hugh Howey, digging it!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
          I hated the movie, which is why I'm afraid to pick up the book. Well, maybe hate is too strong a word, but I just couldn't get into it really...

Although there hasn't been a King book I haven't liked so... And lets be honest, not many King movies have done the books justice.
          Agreed. I think the ending was not to my liking, but I did like the movie (although I never read the book). I do enjoy most King movies. It seems I have this thing where I saw the movie and either haven't read, or can't remember much of the book, or read the book and not seen it's movie (or don't remember much about it either).

Comment

Kealan - how goes House of Leaves.......?

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
              Kealan - how goes House of Leaves.......?
              Good. About 300 pages in. Would probably be finished if not for a week of illness in which high fever made sleep about the only activity worth engaging. But I'm still enjoying it!
              http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
                Good. About 300 pages in. Would probably be finished if not for a week of illness in which high fever made sleep about the only activity worth engaging. But I'm still enjoying it!
                Sorry to hear that you are not well, I haven't read that book but from everything I've heard a fever might actually go along with it fairly well, anyway, feel better soon!

Comment

Yeah, it might have helped, but I didn't want to risk sliding into yet another dimension!

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm pretty much back to speed now (I think.)

Comment

Any new book recommendations?
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Bird Box by Josh Malerman was fantastic.

Comment

I had to look this one up since I had not heard of the author before. Sounds very intriguing, by TBR pile grows once again!

Comment

Sounds interesting. I will check it out. Thanks!

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I have read it and can echo those comments. A good book and quick read.

Comment

Another one to add to list is YOU by Caroline Kepnes. A great stalker thriller.

Comment

Another one to add to list is YOU by Caroline Kepnes. A great stalker thriller.
                                The overview of this sounds interesting for sure - added to by TBR list!

re: Bird Box - I have had this in my hands a couple times at the store......sounds like a good one too!

I am really enjoying The Strain - I'm about 25% in.

Comment

Working...
                                X