No announcement yet.

Posting on Upcoming Stephen King movie projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like production on It will start soon! The time frame and some of the characters names have been changed,

http://screenrant.com/it-stephen-kin...rame-director/

Comment

Moving the time frame...I don't know. I know that they probably wan't the adult versions to take place in present day, but moving the kid sections to the 80s I think will lose a certain element of the 50s which I felt was important for that section to work. I don't know, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by markgunnells View Post
        Moving the time frame...I don't know. I know that they probably wan't the adult versions to take place in present day, but moving the kid sections to the 80s I think will lose a certain element of the 50s which I felt was important for that section to work. I don't know, we'll see.
        I know your concern, I wish there was a copy of the script to read. I mean, children of the 80's were not scared of the werewolf or Dracula, they were scared of Freddie and Jason. I guess we will just have to wait like you say

Comment

Chris Cooper has joined the cast of Hulu's 11/22/63

chris-cooper.jpg

He will play Al Templeton.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/chris-co...05877/?_r=true
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I feel that Cooper is a good fit for this role and I'm looking forward to it more now than I was before the announcement of more cast members.

Comment

And we have.......

a Pennywise!

http://screenrant.com/it-movie-steph...ulter/?_r=true
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well that could either work brilliantly or fail. I am intrigued by the choice.

Comment

We'll have to wait and see.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I have no problems with the decision. I reserve all judgement until the film is released.

Comment

Looks like It may be stalled. Reports are saying that director Cary Fukunaga has left the project over clashes with the studio over budget issues. There has also been some talk about the movie being cut down from two parts to one.

Comment

I love the foresight of the studio/marketing execs. Part of the reason funding is being cut is because Poltergeist was a flop and it featured a clown in it's markeying campaign, thus It too will fail... Seems like sound logic

Comment

Someone on Liljas Library made a good point. The budget was 30,000,000 . How can you not make a decent horror movie for that kind of money? The fact the director wanted to increase the budget to me makes no sense .
                          I would like to see this get made. Maybe one day. Oh and reports say that the director has been wanting a bigger budget for awhile now. I think that the failure of Poltergiest is just a coincident.

Comment

Yeah, 30 million is a nice chunk of change. It was projected as two movies so I'm curious if that was 30 each or 30 for both?

Comment

The way I read it that was just the first. ... Here is a question. If the first movie is made and tanks does the second part still get made or does the movie studio cut it's loss.?

I'm still waiting for the second arc of The Talisman graphic novel. That was years ago and will probably never get done.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                Someone on Liljas Library made a good point. The budget was 30,000,000 . How can you not make a decent horror movie for that kind of money? The fact the director wanted to increase the budget to me makes no sense .
                                I would like to see this get made. Maybe one day. Oh and reports say that the director has been wanting a bigger budget for awhile now. I think that the failure of Poltergiest is just a coincident.
                                The article I read had directly attributed the sales of Poltergeist to It. 30 mil is a lot, but many films these days cost MUCH more than that, that's almost a pittance compare to most major studio films these days. And we're not simply talking about another horror movie, but one of the most highly regarded horror novels ever, in addition to being a remake of one of the more highly regarded made for TV movies. People of my generation remember it well and are still horrified of clowns, simply because of the It TV movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X