Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the additions. Nice stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys! I got another couple books recently. Been focusing a bit more on my fantasy collection recently and I am quite pleased to add these next two to my collection.

I picked up Swords & Dark Magic from Sub. Press, my copy even has the missing Gene Wolfe signature! Really happy to have this anthology, I'm a big fan of many of the authors; Moorcock, Cook, Erickson etc. and I'm excited to get an introduction to some of the others such as Parker and Abercrombie.

Comment

Great addition right there! What a stellar line-up!

Comment

Next up is another Grant edition, this one Fritz Leiber's Bazaar of the Bizarre. The only signed limited edition of his Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser tales that I know of. Normally this edition of the book came with a loose paper that was signed by both Fritz Leiber and Stephan Peregrine, as mine does, however I was able to find a copy that the book itself was also signed by Leiber. While not in the best condition, I thought it was still a cool find.

Last edited by Theli; 06-26-2015, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            Great addition right there! What a stellar line-up!
            Thanks! I thought it was a must add when I found out it had a new Elric story, the rest is just gravy!

Comment

Those are both really cool, congrats! Really liked that Leiber story and would love to hear your thoughts on Swords & Dark Magic. Don't think I've seen that before.
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I got a couple more beautiful Grant editions of Robert E. Howards works. I have to say after purchasing and leafing through Kull I almost regret purchasing it. Not because it is deficient in anyway, quite the opposite, this is one of the most beautiful editions I have ever purchased, the art is truly stunning. I am blow away by Dameron's work, I just really wish I'd held off and picked up the signed slipcased editions. Oh well, the option is still there if I choose to pull the trigger. This will do for now.

Comment

The Road of Azrael is fantastic too, Roy Krenkel's art is amazing. Kull and Ned Dameron's art was just truly outstanding. I'm sold as a fan for life!

Comment

Love those two! Krenkel is right up there. Have you found any of the Zebra Paperbacks? That's where I first found Howard that wasn't Conan and full of Krenkel. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Comment

I just have the old Ace paperbacks and newer Del Rey, one Baen and one Cosmos paperback, but no Zebra. I'd love to check them out if you get the chance to load them up later.

Comment

I really like the art in those Howard books! Great additions!

Comment

Thanks guys! Robert E. Howard is one my favourite authors and I'm very glad to be expanding my collection. I actually saw a copy of Sowers of Thunder that Mike had mentioned earlier, but I wasn't satisfied with the condition so I skipped it for now. Who knows what I'll find at the book store next time?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                            I just have the old Ace paperbacks and newer Del Rey, one Baen and one Cosmos paperback, but no Zebra. I'd love to check them out if you get the chance to load them up later.
                            I told Theli I would post my Howard Zebra paperbacks, unfortunately I can’t get to all of them. Boxed up and put away. However, I managed to get at a few, along some other Howard things. Sowers of Thunder and Pigeons from Hell are sentimental favorites. The Berkley titles are interesting because they have fold out posters. I put the Sphere titles up because no American publishers carried the Conan titles for a while. The other stuff is just interesting. As you can tell Vintage paperbacks are another one of my collecting interests. Enjoy! IMG_0532.jpgIMG_0533.jpgIMG_0534.jpgIMG_0536.jpgIMG_0537.jpgIMG_0538.jpg

Comment

And one more!
                              IMG_0539.jpg

Comment

Might need to check into those Howard books; I've barely read anything by him.

Very cool - thanks for posting!
                                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X