No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Theli - is that Aickman a hardcover? Looks to be in A1 condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
      Hey Theli - is that Aickman a hardcover? Looks to be in A1 condition.
      Yeah it is. Very nice condition indeed. I was glad to find it! I think the Edward Gorey cover art is a nice touch too.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
        Grabbed these from the local used book store:

They have a couple more I want, we'll see if I get to them before they are gone.

Also ordered these guys a while back:

Congratulations! That boxed set with the first printing of Firestarter is great!

John

Comment

Theli,
          You are a Man after my own heart!! LOL! Love the Howards. The Grant titles are great.
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Theli,
            You are a Man after my own heart!! LOL! Love the Howards. The Grant titles are great.
            Mike
            Thanks, I love them! I really want to get Tigers of the Sea from the Grant lineup as well. I'm a big fan of Richard Tierney's fiction, and love the idea of mixing his work with Howard's (that's why I picked up Hawks...), unfortunately the copy they had at the bookstore didn't have the DJ. They do however have an amazing edition of Kull illustrated by Ned Dameron which I hope to acquire.

John: I was happy to get it for a ridiculously good price. Pretty decent condition all things considered too.

Comment

Theli,
              Here's a few of my Grants! Sowers of Thunder, probably my favorite Howard historical title, Book of Kane, well, my first Grant hardback. I want to get the Kull eventually. I found all these title when I was young in the Zebra paperback editions. I still have all of those.
              IMG_0504.jpg

Comment

Theli,
                Here's a few of my Grants! Sowers of Thunder, probably my favorite Howard historical title, Book of Kane, well, my first Grant hardback. I want to get the Kull eventually. I found all these title when I was young in the Zebra paperback editions. I still have all of those.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]16802[/ATTACH]
                Very nice! I'd love to pick up a copy of Book of Kane as well. I hadn't heard of Sowers of Thunder, I'll have to look into it.

Comment

Nice. I have THE BOOK OF KANE as well -- in fact, my copy has a nice inscription to me from Wagner, as well as a long, kind letter.

I just within the last couple of months finally picked up MIDNIGHT SUN, which I suppose could be looked at as an expanded version of BOOK OF KANE.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Keep an eye out Centipede is going to reprint all the Kane books, with special slipcases. I 'll let you know when I hear a pub date.

Comment

Keep an eye out Centipede is going to reprint all the Kane books, with special slipcases.
                      Wow!! That's the best (book)news I heard in a long time. I'm in!!! And THANK YOU, Mike, for making my day.
                      And THANK YOU for posting your Howard books.

sk

Comment

This is all the information I have. It came from Centipede's Newsletters, which I try to keep, clearly I've missed a few. No other updates at this time.

Sept 2013
                        THE COMPLETE KANE

BY KARL EDWARD WAGNER
                        Judging by the responses on this, a lot of you are excited about the Kane books and stories. Tom Kidd, Matthew Jaffe, Scott Fischer, Brom, and this guy Boco that I showed some artwork to you last week, seem to be top picks. I’ll keep you posted on how this is going.
                        Would anyone have old issues of Midnight Sun, Fantasy Newsletter, and Fantasy Crossroads that they would feel comfortable loaning out?

Oct 2013AC

Regarding the Karl Edward Wagner Kane books, I have my eye on the following Illustrators about working on these titles. They are: Tom Kidd, Justin Sweet and Brom. I have not made firm commitments with them yet, but they are at the top of the list. What about Patrick J. Jones? He seems to do good work. Do you have some thoughts? Speaking of hedgehogs, for the Karl Edward Wagner books, I am, I think, looking through everything and trying to come up with the best Kane experience you will have. However, I am not a Kane or Karl Edward Wagner hedgehog. If you are, let me know and I will send you a blow-by-blow proposed table of contents for each book in the Kane set.
                        Last edited by mhatchett; 06-05-2015, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I'd heard some news about this, he had mentioned the Wagner's Kane and Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser series as projects a while back, both of which I would love. I'm also still hoping for some Elric news. He'd made an inquiry to test the waters recently, I wonder how the reception was.

Comment

Amazon has it for pre-order with a publication date of August 4, 2015.
                            http://www.amazon.com/Bloodstone-Kar...=9781613471289
                            I see 5 books being publish:
                            Bloodstone
                            Death Angel's Shadow
                            Dark Crusade
                            Night Winds
                            Darkness Weaves
                            Last edited by Julzz; 06-05-2015, 08:41 PM. Reason: Added Hyper Link

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up Julzz. That art work looks pretty good. We all know Amazon information can be suspect, but we can keep our fingers crossed. I sent Jerad an email asking about the Kane books and the Fritz Leiber project!

Comment

And some more info:

Centipede Press
                                Karl Edward Wagner's Kane
                                Collectors illustrated editions coming in 2015!

Bloodstone - Illustrated by Patrick Jones
                                In the dark swamp, where toadmen croak and cower, slumbers a secret relic of the days when creatures from the stars ruled the earth. In the booty captured in a savage raid, Kane discovers a ring, a bloodstone which is key to the power that lies buried, inactive but not dead, within the forest. The Kane series of novels and stories by Karl Edward Wagner have been recognized as dark classics of the sword and sorcery genre. Out of print for years, these new editions will appeal to collectors and fans of Karl Edward Wagner's fiction.

Dark Crusade - Illustrated by Tom Kidd
                                Out of the blackness of an almost-forgotten past, the cruel cult of Sataki has come to life again. Orted Ak-Ceddi, a daring outlaw, is its prophet. He draws thousands of converts to his Dark Crusade—a design to destroy mankind. His bloody cohorts conquer Shapeli, but they are defeated when they drive to vanquish the southern kingdoms. Kane is the man who can command the conquest. But Kane intends no final victory for the forces of Darkness. . . .

Darkness Weaves - Illustrated by Boco
                                Once Efrel was the beautiful consort of a king. Now she is a hideous creature who lives only for revenge. She has allies to aid her, but only Kane, the Mystic Swordsman, can rally her forces for battle. Only he can deliver the vengeance she has devised in her knowledge of black magic.

Death Angel's Shadow - Illustrated by Les Edwards
                                A quest that took Kane into forbidden wastelands, and tested his killer skills against the most brutal forces ever summoned against a single man. Kane knew he'd lost his strength, and perhaps his soul, when he entered the erotic web of the vampire. . . .

Night Winds - Illustrated by Grant Griffin
                                Where once the mighty Kane has passed, no one who lives forgets. Now, down the trails of past battles, Kane travels again. To the ruins of a devastated city peopled only by half men and the waif they call their queen. The past, future, and present are all one for Kane as he travels through the centuries.

Comment

Working...
                                X