No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great book. Now you read them in this order. The Rising then City of the Dead then this one last.Great addition.

Comment

Will do!

How are Dead Sea and Entombed? Are they related to The Rising series, or a separate zombie series?

Comment

Separate series. Entombed can be read as a stand-alone story. It takes place in the same environment but are not really related.

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

A couple new additions to the collection. This one is especially awesome to me. It's my first book with Bernie Wrightson's signature, my all time favourite artist and co-creator of my favourite comic book character, the Swamp Thing. I'm also just stoked to get my first David Schow book, and another zombie book for the collection. I'll be cracking into it this weekend.

Then I got this from Paul at Thunderstorm books as a Christmas present
            Last edited by Theli; 01-02-2014, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Here's some pics of the Fog for ya T-Dogz. It has interior art, but all of it is the same art as the cover, just sectioned and closer up. It has more than these, but I just took a few shots. It also features a new foreword by Herbert and afterword by Campbell, in addition to two short stories, but I forgot to check which they were while I was at my house (at my apartment now). What I really loved was the translucent pages, a very nice touch.

Last edited by Theli; 01-02-2014, 03:06 AM.

Comment

That's definitely an awesome edition of The Fog, and loving the artwork of the earthquake!

Thanks for uploading photos of it for me, Theli.
                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                - Stephen King

Comment

Great books..

Comment

Nice adds there, Theli. Hope you like Zombie Jam - I loved it, as well as the artwork.
                    Last edited by Lincoln; 01-03-2014, 10:57 PM.

Comment

The art for Zombie Jam is excellent. I'm jealous of you CP edition of The Fog, I've got to get one soon.

Comment

Jealous of your copy of The Fog, it's one I definitely have in my list of books to get my hands on when I am able to, as well others from Herbert, like The Dark
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          The Maelstrom sets always come in group of 3, with matching numbers, THunderstorm sells the set for $125, which is actually a pretty killer price. This is the 4th set, each set comes with a re-print of a popular Keene novel, a new Keene novella, and a novel by less known authors is selected by Brian Keene to be included as well. I love the set, the white cloth borders are just beautiful.
                          Actually, it isn't necessarily a reprint, just one novel sized book and one novella sized from Keene. The authors of the 3rd book from this years' set is well known, but the other 3 are a little less well known. I am surprised that this year's Maelstrom didn't sell out quicker than it did, given how big F. Paul Wilson is! He is so popular it took me a long time to be able to add him as a friend on Facebook because he was maxed out! Saw he was at 1 below max last week and jumped on the opportunity, lol! I am actually surprised it was a big name like F Paul. I guess Sara Pinborough is lesser known, but having F Paul's name associated with it as well more than makes up for her being less known, lol. May dive into that book after I finish my Goodreads win that I just got in the mail.

Oh, and if you look at the copyright pages of the Maelstrom books they'll let you know which Maelstrom set they're from and which number book it is in the sets. Not something important, but I find it to be a nice touch for my organization purposes.
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Sara Pinborough in my opinion should be better known. Fantastic writer. I have read two of her novels and a bunch of short stories. There are so many great women authors writing now.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                              Actually, it isn't necessarily a reprint, just one novel sized book and one novella sized from Keene. The authors of the 3rd book from this years' set is well known, but the other 3 are a little less well known. I am surprised that this year's Maelstrom didn't sell out quicker than it did, given how big F. Paul Wilson is! He is so popular it took me a long time to be able to add him as a friend on Facebook because he was maxed out! Saw he was at 1 below max last week and jumped on the opportunity, lol! I am actually surprised it was a big name like F Paul. I guess Sara Pinborough is lesser known, but having F Paul's name associated with it as well more than makes up for her being less known, lol. May dive into that book after I finish my Goodreads win that I just got in the mail.

Oh, and if you look at the copyright pages of the Maelstrom books they'll let you know which Maelstrom set they're from and which number book it is in the sets. Not something important, but I find it to be a nice touch for my organization purposes.
                              Yeah i have heard of F. Paul Wilson, but I was unfamiliar with Sarah Pinborough.

Comment

That is one awesome copy of 'The Fog'........... Wow!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X