Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
    Amazon has it for pre-order with a publication date of August 4, 2015.
    http://www.amazon.com/Bloodstone-Kar...=9781613471289
    I see 5 books being publish:
    Bloodstone
    Death Angel's Shadow
    Dark Crusade
    Night Winds
    Darkness Weaves
    Ouch - that hurts.....my wallet.
    Pre-ordered Bloodstone. I'm sure the rest will follow.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      Thanks for the follow-up Julzz. That art work looks pretty good. We all know Amazon information can be suspect, but we can keep our fingers crossed. I sent Jerad an email asking about the Kane books and the Fritz Leiber project!
      Fritz Leiber Masters of Science Fictionhttp://www.amazon.com/Fritz-Leiber-M...=9781613470718 Has a publication date of November 10, 2015. $95 on amazon.com but surprisingly cheaper on amazon.ca. The ISBN is 9781613470718. Just type in the ISBN and usually info about the book and publication date is listed either through amazon, bookdepository, chapters, etc. Just a little trick I found. Also here's a little info I found on bookdepository on upcoming Centipede titles http://www.bookdepository.com/publis...e=7#pagination.

Comment

Hot off the Centipede Press Newsletter!

Kane by Karl Edward Wagner

We are hard at work on the dustjackets for the Karl Edward Wagner set of Kane books. To reiterate, this is a set of five hardcover books. The novels are Bloodstone, Dark Crusade, and Darkness Weaves, and two short story collections: Death Angel’s Shadow and Night Winds. These titles have been impeccably proofread and each book contains new artwork. The artists are Tom Kidd, Patrick J. Jones, Boco, Les Edwards, and Grant Griffin. There are also some previously unpublished photographs of Wagner. Each book is signed with a facsimile Karl Edward Wagner signature and is also signed by the artist. The five volume signed set will be sold in a slipcase . The cost of this set will probably be $300 for the set, with a pre-order price of $275. There will also be unsigned sets available. These are already listed on Amazon for $75 each. My web price will be $40 each with a price of $175 for the set of 5.
        This is the definitive set of these books. The short story collections are each 400+ pages, and include all of the Kane related stories and poems. I can happily send you a table of contents so you can see and make sure for yourself. In addition, old edition artwork from the 1970s Warner paperbacks are included in each volume.
        Can you let me know about your interest in this set of books? This is a pretty healthy investment but it is the definitive series and we want to make sure that you feel you’re getting the best editions possible at the very best price. Thank you for your time in reading this, and thank you in advance for your responses.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          Hot off the Centipede Press Newsletter!

Kane by Karl Edward Wagner

The cost of this set will probably be $300 for the set, with a pre-order price of $275. There will also be unsigned sets available. These are already listed on Amazon for $75 each. My web price will be $40 each with a price of $175 for the set of 5.
          That's an amazing offer!
          How can I refuse...

sk

Comment

Me and you both!

Comment

I got the same e-mail this morning. I am pretty excited for this. I made a thread for it too:
              http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...entipede-Press

If you liked the last batch of additions, I think you'll like this one will be more. I went back down to the book store. They had even more Howard. Had the copy of People of the Black Circle I wanted, edited by Karl Edward Wagner, but it was price clipped, so I skipped on it. And I still haven't decided if I want to pull the trigger on the copy of Kull, or grab the signed slipcased edition instead. So I made the decision to skip on it, for now. I grabbed these instead:

This was my favourite film as a kid, in some ways it still is, top 10 anyway. The movie isn't exactly based on this book, it's mostly based on Gordon R. Dickson's The Dragon and The George, but it used concepts and art inspired from this book. This is a damn cool book too.

I found this picture, pretty humorous:

Comment

I also grabbed this art portfolio, and I am actually really excited about this one. The first plate is signed and number by Frank Frazetta, however it is sort of risque:

Spoiler!

Comment

Then my buddy who I has a US PO Box picked up a couple books for me and dropped them off. Both with beautiful slipcases, and a nice acrylic case for Knowing Darkness as well.

Thinner seems even more appropriately titled when standing next to this book.

I won Thinner in one of the Haven Fundraiser auctions, so thanks to Pete Crowther at PS and Randal Flagg from TDT.org for this awesome book. This is my first book with Les Edwards art, and I really dig his work.

Last edited by Theli; 06-15-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I bought the copy of Knowing Darkness from Merlin on the board with the proceeds going to the Haven Foundation. Thanks again, man! This book is freaking ridiculous. I just began leafing through it, but I could get lost in this book for days!

Comment

I've really seen some of the Howard stuff, especially the Grant titles, come down. Not sure why, but it suits me just fine. Great addition, and good luck with your Howard hunt!!
                      Mike

Comment

Nice! I've always wanted a copy of Knowing Darkness. Looks like an impressive book.

Comment

It is, it is!!! It's the best book about King bar none.
                          Well, not really about King, but about his books, the illustrations.

sk

Comment

I was very lucky and picked up the $1k signed edition for about $300 when Centipede was getting rid of the last few copies.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              I was very lucky and picked up the $1k signed edition for about $300 when Centipede was getting rid of the last few copies.
                              Damn man! Congrats!

Thanks for the comments guys, I am loving this book! Super stoked on the Frazetta portfolio too.

Comment

Amazing! I've thought about that massive book for quite a while... thanks for the pics!
                                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X