No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theli I can't rep you now but the posts from you and Ron about The Complete Slayers above led me to it, and this thing is now one of my favorite books. Not only an excellent production, its story content is just incredible. So THANK YOU, brother!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

It's my pleasure sir! I still have yet to read it myself, but the production of the book itself is top notch.

Comment

Glad to have helped, too...it's a special book, for sure.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Well, I think I'll thank you Bugen! Your enthusiasm for the book has inspired me to pick it up. Just started reading it this morning before heading to work. Very interesting intro so far.

Comment

Received a couple books recently; Carmilla lettered edition from Full Moon Press, which I found on the secondary market for a very fair price. The best letters from a vampire story too! Zach Powell from King's Way Press also sent me a beautiful edition, Frankenstein.

I love the traycase (if you can call it that) for this one, very unique and classy. I'm not sure what the binding of the book is made of, nu buck perhaps? Feels really nice on the hands though.

Great frontispiece from Keith Minion!

A nice Remarque from Glenn Chadbourne, who provided most of the interior art.

Comment

There is quite a few differences between the lettered and limited edition of Carmilla. It has a different leather binding, black instead of red (I actually prefer the read a bit), sprayed silver edges, different endpapers, an additional colour art piece and a small Remarque from Alex McVey.

I actually prefer these to the limited edition, but both are really eye catching.

Love the V V for this lettered edition.

The art beside the Remarque is the new piece, possibly the best in the book.

Comment

That's a really nice edition of Frankenstein!

Comment

Nice adds, Dan!

Comment

Very nice!
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post

The CD and LR family

And I'll save CP and SP for another day.
                        Your CD Shelf looks a lot like mine. I wanted to get Kin. I think I hesitated and then it was sold out.

Comment

GREAT collection!

Comment

Now for some updated family photos.

Also, it's interesting how you display your books. I have them slipcase side out. I was wondering about the proper way to display.

Comment

Thanks for the comments Jeff! I don't think there's a specifically proper way to display. I like the way the spines look and it matches my non-slipcased books. Also not every slipcase has a title on it so that's another benefit. That said it's probably better for maintaining the book to have it facing in to prevent light fading or dust accumulation. At the end of the day I think the answer is; To each his own!

Comment

Thanks for the comments Jeff! I don't think there's a specifically proper way to display. I like the way the spines look and it matches my non-slipcased books. Also not every slipcase has a title on it so that's another benefit. That said it's probably better for maintaining the book to have it facing in to prevent light fading or dust accumulation. At the end of the day I think the answer is; To each his own!
                                I agree. I've switched back and forth as I'm made new additions. I settled on slipcase out for the exact reason you listed--for the extra protection it affords. And you're right, however they're most appreciated is the best way.

Comment

Working...
                                X