No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a big book sale at the local mall about 3 times a year. At the most recent I nabbed some great reading material.

Also been browsing some used book stores recently.

These are from a little while ago, already read Mucho Mojo. Need to track down Three Bear Mambo now, no luck yet. Hit Man was a repeat, already had the PB, but this was a Proof copy that I found in a random spot at a book store. Was pretty excited to find it and snapped it up for a good price.

Got these at a different used book shop.

The bottom two were free, If you spent $10 or more you can choose a book from a free shelf. Great find there too, was wanting to read The Devil in the White City. As I was going up to pay I noticed The Bottoms right at the counter, which was fortuitous because I couldn't find any Lansdale in the rest of the store. And lo and behold it's an ARC! Not just that it had promotional material in it too, not even $5.

Comment

This beautiful portfolio showed up recently too. With my two original remarques. I was really blown away by this. Way more material from both artists thatn I'd expected. THe prelim sketches were particularly interesting.

I'm also proud to say that I own two of the original pieces from this portfolio, one from David Palumbo and the other from Glen Chadbourne.

Comment

Wow! Great haul. I really dog that Palumbo painting.

I have yet to make it through the novel "Inherent Vice", but I loved the film version.

Comment

Nice adds, Dan!

Comment

THanks Bri!

daverob: I haven't read the book yet, but also loved the film.

Comment

Really Nice!

Comment

Great finds.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

So Photobucket ain't working anymore or something? I sense something insidious.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                      So Photobucket ain't working anymore or something? I sense something insidious.

Oh it's still working but now you have an annual fee of $399 to host your photos from it.

Comment

That seems like a fair price!

Comment

That seems like a fair price!
                          Oh man. I didn't realize how big your collection thread is. Do you have these in a folder on your computer or are they all on photobucket? If they're all on your computer I can probably do something about fixing the thread.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ooouch. Good luck sorting this out.
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Oh man. I didn't realize how big your collection thread is. Do you have these in a folder on your computer or are they all on photobucket? If they're all on your computer I can probably do something about fixing the thread.
                              All the photos here are on my photobucket account. I do have most still saved on my computer though. No biggie, life will go on.

Comment

All the photos here are on my photobucket account. I do have most still saved on my computer though. No biggie, life will go on.
                                Well let me know if you want some help. If you can send me a zip file of all the images I can bulk upload them, then all you need to do is update the links.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X