No announcement yet.

NOS4A2 first printings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tipped in is where the page is signed then inserted during binding, which is what most of Cemetery's book are. Laid in is a loose signatory page or plate
    If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Oh...I don't place any higher value on them, in a general sense, but perhaps some people do. I place a higher value on my personalized Ron Kelly books than any others I have, though.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
        So I was reading someone's listing on ebay and he claimed that a tipped in signature was not as valuable as a flat signed copy since the book had an extra page. To me it would not make a difference other than if I was getting it signed in person, so on a personal level it might be more important but would have no difference value wise.

What do you folks think.
        Depends on the book, tipped-in books have a guaranteed signature but flat-signed books have actually been handled by the author, assuming you get an authentic one and not a forgery, also the tipped-in copies will usually have a much lower print run then the possible thousands of signed ones from a book tour, I like both personally but a flat-signed copy will always have a higher value to me, not entirely sure why but there you have it

Comment

I think both are equal in value, especially if the signature page has some design to it and is not just a blank page.

Comment

Well my determination to not buy a copy at Powell's today lasted until I was about 10 feet into the store. They had a few of the books displayed up front with a 'Signed First Edition' sticker on the front. My initial reaction was 'He's not coming to town until mid month'. My second was to open it and see that it was signed tip in sheet edition from the publisher. The signature sheet is nice as well. So I bought it. I then got home and had a signed first edition from Water Street books waiting. SO my current NOS4A2 tally is and Unsigned ARC that I plan to get signed at his upcoming appearance, a signed 1st/1st, a 1st/1st with a signed sheet tipped in and a Limited edition on order.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Well my determination to not buy a copy at Powell's today lasted until I was about 10 feet into the store. They had a few of the books displayed up front with a 'Signed First Edition' sticker on the front. My initial reaction was 'He's not coming to town until mid month'. My second was to open it and see that it was signed tip in sheet edition from the publisher. The signature sheet is nice as well. So I bought it. I then got home and had a signed first edition from Water Street books waiting. SO my current NOS4A2 tally is and Unsigned ARC that I plan to get signed at his upcoming appearance, a signed 1st/1st, a 1st/1st with a signed sheet tipped in and a Limited edition on order.
              Greedy bastard! I mean, um, hey great for you!!! Seriously though, that will be a cool set!

Comment

I assume that his assessment of value was more based on the fact that he was selling a flat signed than any actual fact.
                Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
                So I was reading someone's listing on ebay and he claimed that a tipped in signature was not as valuable as a flat signed copy since the book had an extra page. To me it would not make a difference other than if I was getting it signed in person, so on a personal level it might be more important but would have no difference value wise.

What do you folks think.

Comment

It would seem that I went a little overboard with NOS4A2.
                  Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                  Greedy bastard! I mean, um, hey great for you!!! Seriously though, that will be a cool set!

Comment

what? No signed UK copy???

Comment

I have a S/L on order from Subpress. Am I in in the minority in that I like to wait for the S/L and read that copy?

Comment

Not yet. I am contemplating it though.
                        Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                        what? No signed UK copy???

Comment

Not yet. I am contemplating it though.
                          I ordered one and it comes to about $39 with shipping
                          I just got my signed copy from Water Street books and Joe did a little doodle of a vampire wearing a Santa hat for me I'll post some pics later

Comment

is Cemetery Dance going to do a slipcase for NOS4A2?

Comment

Well I have the limited on order but am not waiting to read the story. At a minimum I will read the portions not in the trade when I receive the limited.
                              Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
                              I have a S/L on order from Subpress. Am I in in the minority in that I like to wait for the S/L and read that copy?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                                I ordered one and it comes to about $39 with shipping
                                I just got my signed copy from Water Street books and Joe did a little doodle of a vampire wearing a Santa hat for me I'll post some pics later
                                Hey that's cool, did not think they would be remarqued.
                                If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Working...
                                X