No announcement yet.

THE NOVELLAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to seeing this one. Come on Camelot!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by argendeli View Post
      Looking forward to seeing this one. Come on Camelot!

Jim
      Thank you sir!
      http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
        Ha! Feel free to share!
        If I remember I will scan the id later tonight. Never turned it in after I got out since they didn't ask for it. Not that I can use it for anything though, it expired several years ago after I was out. Just having the picture to show off makes it worth keeping, lol.
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Received my copy last night and this is a beautiful book! I am tempted to put aside what I am reading to read this but I will try to resist. I inadvertently received two copies. I am working with Paul to get the second copy back to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Received my copy last night and this is a beautiful book! I am tempted to put aside what I am reading to read this but I will try to resist. I inadvertently received two copies. I am working with Paul to get the second copy back to him.
            Great stuff, Martin! Hope you dig it when you get to it.

And for anyone still interested in picking up the s/l, I believe Camelot Books still have a few copies in stock.

Comment

Bad Moon Books still has 4 copies left as well

http://www.badmoonbooks.com/product....1&cat=0&page=1

Comment

Still waiting on mine, the guys with the rubber gloves at the border are probably reading it.

Comment

Ok Kealan, was going to post this last night, but forgot I had my printer unplugged since it is getting trashed due to it no longer printing (pretty sure a roller is broken, preventing paper from getting into the part that actually prints, and not being worth repairing), so instead took pictures of the picture part of my old id. The first picture was with the flash on, which didn't work, but I do like it anyway since it makes it look like most of my head is missing, lol

DSC01318.jpg

And here it is without text. I will say the picture seems more on the creepy side when looking at the physical id than at the picture, at least to me. That and I don't know what the mark is by my nose, it's not something that is actually on me, and it's not something I can see without taking a picture. The picture has been in my wallet for years though, so it's undoubtedly dirty and has small dents/scratches.

DSC01320.jpg

In the picture I basically look like someone who is perhaps a little crazy and ready to on a shooting spree or something, which some people actually played up in my unit, lol. Even my First Sergeant got into the act and how I would be in a tower or on the roof with a rifle and a bucket of chicken (gotta have my nourishment, after all, and I do love me some fried chicken). Hell, I found out one day some people fell for it because the day after we had some kind of company gathering. During the gathering one of my friends was talking crap about me behind my back but where I would obviously hear what he said. What I didn't hear and he told me about the next morning at work was that one of new guys in the unit got nervous and and said quietly "He's right there!" in a scared whispering voice. Now THAT was hilarious

People who knew me though knew it wasn't serious, and my neighbor told me she knew I was actually a nice guy. We had to cut the crazy act when we went to Iraq though, which was understandable.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

"He was always such a quiet man. None of us saw this coming..."

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                      Still waiting on mine, the guys with the rubber gloves at the border are probably reading it.
                      Damn their oily hides! They should pay for it like everybody else!

Comment

Damn I knew I should have applied to be a boarder guard..Could have read it then sent it to you.

Comment

Mine has arrived. I have been assigned #42. My God it smells like chemical, might be the glue or something. Nothing like reading Burke half baked.

Comment

Mine has arrived. I have been assigned #42. My God it smells like chemical, might be the glue or something. Nothing like reading Burke half baked.
                            It's how I'd recommend doing it!

Comment

Got mine! #52, Love the freaky, seizure-inducing endpapers and the sexed-up signature sheet, now I just have to read the darn thing

Comment

Freaky seizure inducing sexed up sounds like Ed Lee not KPB.
                                Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                                Got mine! #52, Love the freaky, seizure-inducing endpapers and the sexed-up signature sheet, now I just have to read the darn thing

Comment

Working...
                                X