Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it's on all the books, called deckled pages i think

Comment

I have it too, new purchase I just haven't gotten around to showing. Same deal with the pages, I like it.

Comment

A little deckle edge history
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deckle_edge

Comment

I have a couple hard covers in my collection with deckled pages, always liked it. I'd love to get some limited edition numbered or lettered with deckled pages.

Comment

While we are on the subject of deckled pages. NOS4A2 is also printed in this manner.

Comment

For me, I am not picky as far as editions go. I am still more of a reader than a collector. I do love the couple ARC I have received though! It's kind of neat to have the book with that mark on it.

As everyone has said, just keep trying on GoodReads, or if you find any publishers that have something like they have here, an early readers package of some kind.

Comment

Already won a copy of a book on Good Reads, which is awesome cause I don't gotta pay but... most of the books they have listed are less than desirable. Like srboone had said in another thread, you gotta be careful which ones you sign up for, otherwise you're almost assured to have 14 year old girl as the protagonist.

Comment

More of a cataloging question than a collection question...

I recently picked up a paperback copy of Brian Hodge's Death Grip that has an inscription to "Mike." Typically, when entering things in LibraryThing, I'll either say "Inscribed (to me) by author" or "Inscribed (to NAME) by author" but my name also happens to be Michael. I'm tempted to just say it's inscribed to me, but there's a date under it of March 3, 1993, when I would have been twelve .

This is going to affect literally no one, but how would you guys denote it in my place?

Comment

I would just say "Inscribed (to Mike)". If you are noting books signed to you as "Inscribed (to me)" then, for me, this would be enough of a distinction between the too inscription types.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      More of a cataloging question than a collection question...

I recently picked up a paperback copy of Brian Hodge's Death Grip that has an inscription to "Mike." Typically, when entering things in LibraryThing, I'll either say "Inscribed (to me) by author" or "Inscribed (to NAME) by author" but my name also happens to be Michael. I'm tempted to just say it's inscribed to me, but there's a date under it of March 3, 1993, when I would have been twelve .

This is going to affect literally no one, but how would you guys denote it in my place?
                      It was fate that this book would end up in your collection. It really was inscribed to your 12 year old self

Comment

Im just curious about DJ protection, I was going to look into the mylar covers ive seen people use to protect their DJ. Are they hard to apply and remove and stuff and are they worth it? I have several signed LE books coming my way and I also have some that id like to protect as well. Any info and tips on book protection are welcome

Comment

Mylar covers are easy to use and definitely worth it. I use brodart covers but there are other brands out there.

Comment

Working...
                          X