Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: New Release: THE TENT

  1. #1
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10

    New Release: THE TENT

    TheTent resized.jpg

    THE TENT

    The perfect getaway...

    The perfect place to hide...

    Hocking Hills, Ohio is an oasis for campers, hikers, nature enthusiasts, and for those who just want to get away and lose themselves in the wild.

    And as long as you follow your guide's advice and stay within the permitted areas, you can expect to survive the night.

    Because deep within the dark woods, something insidious awaits, something few have ever seen, something ancient, unknowable, and insatiable.

    If you go down to these woods today, you won't live to see the sunrise...

    A brand new novella from the Bram Stoker Award-winning author of THE TURTLE BOY and KIN.

    Available now on Smashwords.com. Available via all other vendors soon...

  2. #2
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,885
    Rep Power
    64
    Sounds like a fun read....But I am still going camping this summer instead of NECON.

  3. #3
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,179
    Rep Power
    13
    Suggested this in one of the Goodreads groups I'm in for our first novella group read! This and The Walls of the Castle were my suggestions. Waiting for this one to have a Goodreads page, though not surprising it isn't there yet considering it just went up for sale
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Suggested this in one of the Goodreads groups I'm in for our first novella group read! This and The Walls of the Castle were my suggestions. Waiting for this one to have a Goodreads page, though not surprising it isn't there yet considering it just went up for sale
    Thanks! Here's a link to the Goodreads page.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,885
    Rep Power
    64
    The cover reminds me of several first year scouts first year of summer camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    TheTent resized.jpg

    THE TENT

    The perfect getaway...

    The perfect place to hide...

    Hocking Hills, Ohio is an oasis for campers, hikers, nature enthusiasts, and for those who just want to get away and lose themselves in the wild.

    And as long as you follow your guide's advice and stay within the permitted areas, you can expect to survive the night.

    Because deep within the dark woods, something insidious awaits, something few have ever seen, something ancient, unknowable, and insatiable.

    If you go down to these woods today, you won't live to see the sunrise...

    A brand new novella from the Bram Stoker Award-winning author of THE TURTLE BOY and KIN.

    Available now on Smashwords.com. Available via all other vendors soon...

  6. #6
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,179
    Rep Power
    13
    Thanks for the link Kealan.

    Love the cover for this.

    The group on Goodreads I am recommending this is a paced reading group. If anyone is interested in joining I can send an invite or just post the group page here, get more people voting for The Tent once the poll goes up

    I had been thinking of recommending William Meikle's Clockwork Dolls, but I'd rather read this one right now.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    863
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    The cover reminds me of several first year scouts first year of summer camp.
    I remember those years! LOL

  8. #8
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    I like your avatar, Bookworm!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,885
    Rep Power
    64
    That was my home for a week last summer at scout camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    I like your avatar, Bookworm!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,885
    Rep Power
    24

  11. #11
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Thanks Martin!

  12. #12
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,179
    Rep Power
    13
    Not sure The Tent will end up being one of the group reads like I was hoping, so far just me and one other person voted for it, but it will be what I read no matter how it goes. Will probably get it either tonight or tomorrow
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

  13. #13
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    This was a very good story. Started reading and got drawn in. I thought I knew what was going on but then.....wow!....bam... Kealan throws me for quite the loop and takes me on a great horrific ride. Nice job man. I think this is one of your best ever.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Not sure The Tent will end up being one of the group reads like I was hoping, so far just me and one other person voted for it, but it will be what I read no matter how it goes. Will probably get it either tonight or tomorrow
    Thank you, sir. I hope you enjoy it!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by kresby View Post
    This was a very good story. Started reading and got drawn in. I thought I knew what was going on but then.....wow!....bam... Kealan throws me for quite the loop and takes me on a great horrific ride. Nice job man. I think this is one of your best ever.
    Thanks Kresby, and great to hear from you! I know you can be a tough sell, so I'm delighted to hear this one worked for you! While I'm too close to the story to be objective in regard to the quality of it, I can say it's easily the most fun I've had with a story in quite some time.

  16. #16
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Right on Kealan. Have Sylva buy you a beer and charge it to me next time your pubbin'.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Will do

  18. #18
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Great review of THE TENT over at The Horror Booth:

    http://thehorrorbooth.com/2013/05/05...patrick-burke/

  19. #19
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,179
    Rep Power
    13
    Finished up reading this yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed this one, as I was assuming I would. Loved the ending of this!
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

  20. #20
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    10
    Delighted to hear that!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •