Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen King hot stamping dies--collectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen King hot stamping dies--collectors?

I'd be curious to know, does anyone collect the hot stamping die metal plates that Cemetery Dance uses when they're producing a book?

For instance, over time I've collected one from IT: the 25th anniversary edition, one from Blockade Billy, and one from Dark Forces: The last two editions were published by Lonely Road books.

Does anyone else collect these plates, or are you more into the actual book and artwork instead of the one of a kind production plates?

If not these, anything else you collect that's related to the production of the book or associated with the book, particularly Stephen King collectors.

Thanks! Just curious!

Originally posted by ClydeUmney View Post
    I'd be curious to know, does anyone collect the hot stamping die metal plates that Cemetery Dance uses when they're producing a book?

For instance, over time I've collected one from IT: the 25th anniversary edition, one from Blockade Billy, and one from Dark Forces: The last two editions were published by Lonely Road books.

Does anyone else collect these plates, or are you more into the actual book and artwork instead of the one of a kind production plates?

If not these, anything else you collect that's related to the production of the book or associated with the book, particularly Stephen King collectors.

Thanks! Just curious!
    WOW! you have three of them, I just have one so far. It's for the slipcase Cemetery Dance produced for the UK edition of 11/22/63, pics are up on my collection thread if you want to see it. Could we maybe see pics of the ones you have too?

Comment

Not something i'm interested in (mainly because of the weight and difficulty i would have displaying them) but i'm sure there is a market for them!

Comment

Yes, I will try to post them later!

Comment

There's one on eBay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIQUE-ICONI...item4d0bb640f8

Is that yours?

John

Comment

I wish it was mine, that is a big price for that considering the Unique Collector's Extravaganza, when broken down by item, probably put a price of nowhere over $75 for it, a nice profit indeed!

Comment

Let's be honest, it will never sell at that price!

Comment

I hope it does, but it's really really unlikely.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Wow - I never even knew there was a market for these items.
                  Very expensive!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                    Let's be honest, it will never sell at that price!
                    I hope not.To me that is just being greedy. You could drop the price by 70% and still make money.

Comment

All i know is that it's going to be on ebay a loooong time at that price

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        I hope not.To me that is just being greedy. You could drop the price by 70% and still make money.
                        It is definitely being greedy, but if it does go for that price, it means that all our customers who got those Kind dies in the recent collectors extravaganza got really good deals, and I like when our customers get good deals.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ok Dan I can't argue with that.
                          Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          It is definitely being greedy, but if it does go for that price, it means that all our customers who got those Kind dies in the recent collectors extravaganza got really good deals, and I like when our customers get good deals.

Comment

So, you're buying it, Tom?
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Christ no, even if i had the money, still no

Comment

Working...
                              X