Protecting Dust Jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justin Case View Post
    Hey - good to see you here Fleggett (love your 'awful" books site). Don't know if they use the same manufacturer - I suspect they don't but I know I personally always preferred Brodart for cost and quality overall.
    Hi JC. Yeah, I'm still kicking around here and there. One of these days, I'm going to actually review a book, which is AB's primary reason for being. It disgusts me that I haven't compiled an entry in over a year. However, I'm fairly proud of the links page, which is continually updated.

To-date, I've only purchased Brodart covers, but Gaylord is having a one-day 25% off archival and library supplies sale on June 7th (with free shipping on orders over $200). I might take a chance on a Gaylord roll just to see if there's any difference between the two.

Have you used any Gaylord covers?
    The angry book collector.
    www.awfulbooks.com

Comment

I don't like the paper-backed covers. I use Demco Durafold: 1.5 mil film, one anchor tape tab, no paper backing and adjustable to fit any book jacket size. I usually keep a stock of 12 inch, 10 inch, 9 inch and 8 inch. When I was much younger and more stupid I used vinyl covers which did a number on some of my books and jackets during hot weather.

Comment

Working...
      X