Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Necon 2013

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication Kealan Patrick Burke's Avatar

Necon 2013

I'll be a guest of honor at this year's Northeastern Writers Convention in Rhode Island this July. It'll be my first convention since Horrorfind in 2005. Any Cemetery Dancers planning to attend?

http://www.campnecon.com/

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Congrats! I've always heard Necon is a great event.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    I've never been to anything like this, but would love to one day. Wouldn't mind to get the right people in contact with the right people to get something like a horrorfest or something in my city either!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Sounds like a great time. To bad that is the same week I will be at Boy Scout camp. My son goes to jambo in WVA. and I still get stuck helping the other kids. Love it though. A week without electronics and a ton of fresh air great times.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tommy's Avatar
    Congratulations Kealan! That is quite an honor, I really wish I could go but I'm stuck in SC, I hope you have a great time and tweet lots of pics

Senior Member Inmate
    It sounds like a really cool experience. Someday perhaps I'll get to go.

Jeez...the one year I make it to a convention and everybody's busy. Fine. I know a lot of people who won't be getting Christmas cards this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Jeez...the one year I make it to a convention and everybody's busy. Fine. I know a lot of people who won't be getting Christmas cards this year.
    LOL! Wish I could break away from Germany to attend.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    I probably could go if I decided to spend the money now and deal with the fall out later. $450 for the trip? I could probably swing that--keep thinking of all the books I'd miss out on though...1500 miles, $400 in gas, might be cheaper to fly...

But I shouldn't.
    Last edited by srboone; 03-15-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    I probably could go if I decided to spend the money now and deal with the fall out later. $450 for the trip? I could probably swing that--keep thinking of all the books I'd miss out on though...1500 miles, $400 in gas, might be cheaper to fly...

But I shouldn't.
    I'm just kidding. While I'd love to meet everyone, I wouldn't expect them to put themselves out to get there. Hopefully there will be plenty of more opportunities to do so in the future.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Isn't KC in the NE of...something? Move it here!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Ha!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    No chance you are doing Fax Expo Canada in Toronto this August is there.......?

Quote Originally Posted by TJCams View Post
    No chance you are doing Fax Expo Canada in Toronto this August is there.......?
    Highly unlikely I'm afraid. With a major trip back to Ireland rounding out the year, Necon is the only convention that will be viable for me, and that one only because I'm a guest of honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kealan Patrick Burke View Post
    Highly unlikely I'm afraid. With a major trip back to Ireland rounding out the year, Necon is the only convention that will be viable for me, and that one only because I'm a guest of honor.
    You planning on swinging over to Germany after Ireland? LOL. I know a great place for some bier and rotkohl.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Never been to a convention, dunno if I will get the chance to someday or not, guessing not since there isn't much in MN. Was gonna go to CONvergence in 2011 I think it was, to see Brian Keene, but couldn't afford the tickets at the time and they don't offer single day passes, or at least didn't at the time, dunno if that has changed since then. I wouldn't be able to walk around at something like that now anyway though.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by copefiend2 View Post
    You planning on swinging over to Germany after Ireland? LOL. I know a great place for some bier and rotkohl.
    Tim: I'd love to. Over the past year, I've gotten to know a lot of cool folks over there, and my books are just starting to come out in German, so it would be wise for any number of reasons. Whether or not I can swing it, however, is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Never been to a convention, dunno if I will get the chance to someday or not, guessing not since there isn't much in MN. Was gonna go to CONvergence in 2011 I think it was, to see Brian Keene, but couldn't afford the tickets at the time and they don't offer single day passes, or at least didn't at the time, dunno if that has changed since then. I wouldn't be able to walk around at something like that now anyway though.
    They're certainly not for everyone, but can be a lot of fun for the unexpected moments, such as this one, taken this past weekend at Marcon in Columbus:

5426_597511260276651_1687553036_n.jpg

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Saw that picture on Facebook. Love F Paul Wilson's photobomb. Haven't read anything of his yet, but hopefully will this year sometime, and if I like his stuff enough then this picture would have 3 of my favorite authors.

If my legs were as steady as they used to be walking around at a convention like that would be no problem at all. I still want to go to a convention if I am able to at some point.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Sorry to hear about your ailment, Rj, and hopefully you will be able to make one of the conventions at some point. In the meantime, you should read everything you can get your hands on by Wilson. He's one of the best.