Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXThe Dark Tower Companion: A Guide to Stephen King's Epic Fantasy by Bev Vincent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So should we start a thread ask the Bev?
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I was thinking maybe we could ask Bev questions about OTHER books, too, while he's here! His books, other people's books.

Comment

Leave it to Bev-er?
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Leave it to Bev-er?
        Love it!!!

Comment

Mine is on order.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Coulrophobia View Post
            Hello Bev, From the interview with Ron Howard did you really get the impression the movie project was really going to happen? It seems with all the film series releases the chances are much better in recent years. I thank you for any information you can provide.
            There's no doubt in my mind that Ron and Akiva are serious about wanting to get this done. Akiva brought the project to Ron when they were working on A Beautiful Mind and they were gutted to see the rights get snapped up by someone else and pleased when they became available again.

At the time I spoke with them, Warner's was still in play, but after Warner's declined, someone else expressed interest in financing it, so we'll see. There's been no public news since then, and I think they're a little more cautious about making announcements since the first "definite" announcement of a release date bit them on the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              Love it!!!
              I don't!

Comment

If you do start a thread separate from this one, have Brian let me know, as I might not see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bev Vincent View Post
                  I don't!
                  Gee whiz, Bev, come on already! I have a soft spot for LitB.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Giving this one a miss Bev. Sorry. Will get the trade edition though. The DT series are just not my fave chiefly because I don't really like the last three books. The final book was great as a standalone novel but taken into context with the other books always thought that the first four were superb but that SK kind of sold himself short on the last three. There's a feeling of him rushing things too forcefully to wrap up the series after the accident made him realize the possibility of this thing not getting done.

Comment

There's no doubt in my mind that Ron and Akiva are serious about wanting to get this done. Akiva brought the project to Ron when they were working on A Beautiful Mind and they were gutted to see the rights get snapped up by someone else and pleased when they became available again.

At the time I spoke with them, Warner's was still in play, but after Warner's declined, someone else expressed interest in financing it, so we'll see. There's been no public news since then, and I think they're a little more cautious about making announcements since the first "definite" announcement of a release date bit them on the butt.
                      Thank you very much for the information I am glad to see that it is being taken seriously by those involved. It will be a huge undertaking to bring a story not well known to the general public, but I feel in the end it will be well received if done right.

Comment

Here's an interview with me about The Dark Tower Companion by Blu Gilliand at October Country

Comment

And here's Blu's review

Comment

Hi Bev, those reviews are very cool.
                            I want to know one thing about "The Companion"...the information that we can found in the comics (the plot and the stories) will be analized in a separate way from the books? I mean, will be treated in a whole separate chapter?

Long days and pleasant nights, sai.
                            Last edited by Christian Gillies; 04-14-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Yes, although I concentrate primarily on the differences from the books. If the stories -- or sections of the stories -- are substantially the same, I say that, and then point out the differences. In other situations, where there isn't any analogous story in King's books, I review the plot in more detail.

Comment

Yes, although I concentrate primarily on the differences from the books. If the stories -- or sections of the stories -- are substantially the same, I say that, and then point out the differences. In other situations, where there isn't any analogous story in King's books, I review the plot in more detail.
                                Thanks a lot !

I think that I'm gonna buy the book soon...I'll let you know

Comment

Working...
                                X