Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To oversize or not to oversize

All,

I am curious what people thing of oversized volumes like Floating Dragon vs the normal size books? Personally, even though the oversized ones are not as portable for reading on the go, I absolutely love them and wish more titles from all specialty presses came out in the larger size.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    All,

I am curious what people thing of oversized volumes like Floating Dragon vs the normal size books? Personally, even though the oversized ones are not as portable for reading on the go, I absolutely love them and wish more titles from all specialty presses came out in the larger size.

Thoughts?
    Agreed!

Edit: I also really like the smaller size book we do. If for no other reason then they are easy to ship, but there are plenty of other reasons.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I love oversized books, but they are unwieldy to read.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I like both, but the oversized books definitely look more impressive on the shelf, especially with a slipcase. The different sizes of books seems to give each one its own "identity", so to speak. It has its own weight, size, etc that makes it different from another book, something that you just don't get from e-books.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          I like both, but the oversized books definitely look more impressive on the shelf, especially with a slipcase. The different sizes of books seems to give each one its own "identity", so to speak. It has its own weight, size, etc that makes it different from another book, something that you just don't get from e-books.
          Very true, though for me it's always been more about what's on the pages not what the pages are made out of.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I could never become a true ebook convert. Not happening. And while I do love the oversized titles, I love the size of the Signature Series books. Thanks Mrs. Freeman!!!

Comment

I like both. Fortunately, I already own paperback versions of my oversized editions or I can go out and buy them. I'd never use the others for reading on go, out of fear something would happen to them. I do love to look at the oversized ones though. They make me say, "Wow", and feel it was money well spent.

Comment

I love oversized books within reason. Knowing Darkness is a bit over the top. I have no problem reading an oversized book. I also have to agree, the Signature Series books are way cool!

Comment

I like the oversize editions as well. Sets them apart, at least on the shelf, from their trade edition counterparts.

Comment

I strongly agree that the story is the most important. With that said the quality of the materials and the overall quality of the production are very important to me. My books are as much a part of my home as the furniture.
                    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    Very true, though for me it's always been more about what's on the pages not what the pages are made out of.

Comment

I like the oversized books but agree they are harder to read on the go. But Read it at home bring tpb or e-book if available. Floating Dragon looks great. I also like the Thunderstorm pub oversized Ron Kelly books. I also agree that it is what is on the page that matters. I would not buy an oversized or regular size book for that matter if I as not interested in reading the story. The sig series and novella series books are cool also.

Comment

I love books, all shapes and sizes!

But oversized really do look impressive on display and I have to agree that the Signature Series size is awesome as well!

Comment

Working...
                        X