Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, how many folks are owed Books or Stories??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halyndon View Post
    It's a bit frustrating.
    Yes, and that's a bit of an understatement.

I'm trying to keep it in perspective ("It's not the end of the world... It's not that much money... Surely you'll get your money or your books sooner or later...") but the words frustrating and disappointing pretty much hit the nail on the head. I check back here periodically to see if there has been any news or developments, but to be honest the whole experience has kinda turned me off.

Comment

It's a damn shame is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
        I thought I'd already sent this out to you, Rob, but found it yesterday beneath a stack of papers on my desk. I'll send it out ASAP. Again, sorry for the long delay, buddy.
        Ronald, anything new on this?

Comment

I don't know how often he checks in here, so I'd suggest sending him a friendly e-mail (Which I'm sure you've done) and/or contacting him on Facebook.
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I know that I have tried contacting Ron via email and via the messaging system here. There was a time when his inbox was full and it wouldn't accept any new messages, and so there was a period of time where I'd thought I'd sent a follow-up message but I actually hadn't been able to. Once I realized the issue and Ron could accept new messages, I sent a follow up. I'm not sure if he's more active on Facebook, but I am not and will never be a Facebook user. Plus, the way I see it, the original solicitation for these books came through the forums here. I'm not sure why any follow-up or issues resolution shouldn't be handled here as well. I think a lot of us have given Ron the benefit of the doubt, especially in light of some of the trying times he's had, but it seems like a good number of folks have been dealing with delays, excuses, and unfulfilled promises & expectations. At this point, I'd really rather just have my money back and be done with the whole thing. I'm not meaning to come off as angry or unfair. I've just been left with a sour taste in my mouth after the whole experience.

Comment

anyone hear anything? updates? shipments? anything? Saw that Ron responded in the Blook Kin thread so maybe thought he peaked in here.

Comment

No messages, no emails, no response, no books, no refund, no surprise.

Comment

After all of the recent discussion, I went back through my PayPal records to see exactly how long I have been waiting on these missing books (The Dark 'Un and Hindsight). I submitted payment for these books on June 11, 2012 - close to three years ago! I like to think that in most cases I am a patient man, but this is bordering on the ridiculous. I have submitted a request to Ron to have my $88.00 refunded.

Edit: As a follow-up, I received a quick response from Ron this morning via email. Hopefully we'll be able to get this all taken care of soon. Thanks, Ron!
                  Last edited by Endless Horror Tale; 03-05-2015, 05:08 PM. Reason: Follow-up Information

Comment

Hello Ronald,

I've sent an email several weeks ago and still haven't heard anything about my order from a couple years back..

Comment

Maybe now that you have time to sell and ship a bunch of eBay stuff maybe you'll get around to shipping orders from 3 years ago before you ship your current listings

Comment

He did have a hard drive issue and lost a whole novel that he had written. Maybe the records for your purchase were on the old hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          He did have a hard drive issue and lost a whole novel that he had written. Maybe the records for your purchase were on the old hard drive.
                          That doesn't give him the right not to fulfil his obligations to his fans/customers though, especially when given a grace period of 3 years. And assuming halyndon paid through Paypal, a record of the transaction would be kept online. This is clearly a case of Ron trying to avoid the problem. Look at the posts and for how long this has been going on. There's no excuse for this any more.

Comment

It is a frustrating situation for everybody involved and I wish Ron would step up and make things right for folks.

Comment

I've been waiting awhile too. I saw on Facebook a few weeks ago that he was working on remarquing books. He took on a Herculian task remarquing the books.
                              It's frustrating waiting and waiting and waiting. I won a few book off the newest auction and foolishly expected my books to be with the Prozini book I won. They weren't.

It's not even the waiting that's the problem. It's the uncertainty, the books are sold out from the publisher and are no longer available. So, did I miss out? Am I not getting the books?
                              Those are the questions that worry me.

But, he's always come through for me in the past why wouldn't he now?
                              I just needed to vent. Sorry.
                              Last edited by adamjames; 06-21-2015, 02:26 AM.

Comment

I was in the "Three Years Missing" book club as well. I reached out to Ron via email back in March (after having done so previously via email and the messaging system here). He got back in touch with me, made arrangements to make a partial payment in March and said that he would make the remaining payment in April. I received March's payment, then April came and went with no word. I reached out to him again in May, and a short time later received a payment for the remaining balance.

It was a real bummer. I know that Ron has had some tough times, and I appreciate that it was finally made right - but the whole experience was handled poorly and really soured me on things.

Comment

Working...
                                X