Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Regions teaming up with Clive Barker

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar

Dark Regions teaming up with Clive Barker

I'm sure others who get their newsletter are aware that they just announced a new signed limited hardcover to be published from author Clive Barker.

Details to come in October apparently.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I would love to have a limited edition of The Thief of Always. Curious as to what this will be.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    The Thief of Always would be awesome! Wasn't he working on some kind of follow up to Hellbound Heart? That would be pretty cool. It's Barker so I'd be interested in almost anything. Well, maybe not Coldheart Canyon...

Junior Member Visitor
    Harper/Collins did a limited to THE THIEF OF ALWAYS when it was first published. I believe the retail price was $100.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar
    A signed limited of Hellbound Heart would be awesome.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    A signed limited of Hellbound Heart would be awesome.
    I agree but that was done recently by Earthling so I doubt it's another one. New signed limiteds of all six Books of Blood would also be awesome. October might be an expensive month with this and the Black Labyrinth Lansdale Kickstarter, not to mention whatever might be announced in the course of things.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I agree but that was done recently by Earthling so I doubt it's another one. New signed limiteds of all six Books of Blood would also be awesome. October might be an expensive month with this and the Black Labyrinth Lansdale Kickstarter, not to mention whatever might be announced in the course of things.
    You're right, October is going to be a VERY expensive month...

My bank manager is going to have a fit when he see my account that month.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Did not know that. Guess I have to start hunting that down. well not right away but soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by argendeli View Post
    Harper/Collins did a limited to THE THIEF OF ALWAYS when it was first published. I believe the retail price was $100.

I read that release as it being a completely new title??????

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    That's the way I read it also.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    That's the way I read it also.
    I read it the way I wanted to. Not the right way. As usual I am off in my own little world. He did say that there was going to be a third book of the art. Maybe the sequel to Everville and The Great and Secret Show. Guess we will know soon.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    That would be awesome! Finally...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Aside from Cabal (after watching the movie version title Nightbreed), I sadly have not read any Clive Barker (watched many of his movies though).

Yes, slap me now.

At least you read Cabal, which is one of my favorites.

I just reread the announcement and it sounds like more details in October, but maybe not available for preorder? From what I've gathered from other DRP newsletters is that they are trying to get rid of preorders altogether. Don't know if they've changed their mind on that. I wouldn't mind if the ordering on this gets pushed back a little. Keene's Maelstrom IV set is coming out that month as well so now October is really crowded!

I honestly don't remember much about it - it was so long ago. I think it's a pretty quick read, so may hit it again.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Keene's Maelstrom IV set is coming out that month as well so now October is really crowded!
    Yes, and I cannot wait for my early purchase link for this from Paul. Been waiting for this since early summer, been saving money for it, but now with it being in October I can use the set as my birthday present. Won't have it by my birthday, but if the early purchase window comes a week before the October 12 official announcement then I can at least order it on my birthday (the 6th), lol! I'll be curious to see what shipping will cost this year. It's been $7 the last 2 years, but won't be surprised if it is higher this time around. The set took longer to sell out last than I expected, but I won't be surprised if it sells out within a week or two (or sooner even) of being on sale to the public this year considering who the authors are for the third book this year
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

I suspect that Maelstrom IV will be hugely popular this year as well. The line-up looks great.

Clive Barker just announced that has turned in the final draft of The Scarlet Gospels (the novel pitting the protaganist from "The Last Illusion" against Pinhead) to his publisher. I'm sure that this is also going to be a S/L edition by someone. Dark Regions and Subterranean have both announced that they will have books by Barker coming out, so it will be interesting to see where it lands.

Well, that would seem to align things I would think.

I really have to get a Barker book going - I have Hellbound Heart on my Kobo, but haven't got to it.....yet.

I suspect that Maelstrom IV will be hugely popular this year as well. The line-up looks great.
    I'm looking forward to Maelstrom this year! I've never read The Rising, and everything I've read by F. Paul Wilson has been great.