Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [INDEXED]Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Ron K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    I hope so, too!

Folks have asked us to be more realistic with our expected pub dates, instead of posting a date that we hope we can get done but don't know for sure, so that's what I'm doing here. If it's earlier, great. It shouldn't be later.

Brian
    This is what I preach to my folks on projects all the time ... set realistic expectations factoring in complications and if we deliver ahead of time ... well, trust me when I say, everyone will be pleasantly suprised (and vocal about it) ... and your customer service results will reflect it. :-) A far cry from the other option ... which usually gets people vocal as well, but in a less encouraging or uplifiting way lol

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Most of these have shipped now. The last of them will be shipping tomorrow.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Got my notice today.Just in time.I finished The Strain trillogy last night so I guess I will catch up on comics while I wait for this to get here.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Got my shipping notice today.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Received my shipping notice as well! Very excited to see what kind off filth is in this book! LOL

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Got mine today!!!! Will post pictures in my collection thread in a few.Very nice looking book.CD does it again.

Junior Member Visitor
    Mine just showed up - it's a great looking book. Can't wait to crack it open later tonight. Posted the picture on Facebook & found out that I got my copy before Ray Garton himself got copies. ;-)

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Received my copy yesterday as well. Sharp looking book which I hope to look through today and possibly start reading this weekend. Thank you to all the CD staff for putting this volume together.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed the_last_gunslinger's Avatar
    I just got my copy as well. It's a beautiful book, and I am looking forward to the stories because religious horror is one of my favorite sub-genres. But I just got through the introduction, and it was more than a little offensive. It kind of put a damper on my enthusiasm a little.
    "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed calason's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
    ...and it was more than a little offensive. It kind of put a damper on my enthusiasm a little.
    This made me want to read it immediately! Not intending that to sound like a dig, Gunslinger, but religious horror in the end is usually always offensive in one form or another.
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
    gamertag : calason

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed the_last_gunslinger's Avatar
    This made me want to read it immediately! Not intending that to sound like a dig, Gunslinger, but religious horror in the end is usually always offensive in one form or another.
    Sure, I get that religious horror is usually irreverent, at best, outright blasphemous at worst. And like I said, it's one of my favorite subgenres of horror. But there's a difference, I think, between the contents of a fictional story meant for entertainment for a specific audience that expects such content, and a nonfiction Intro that is essentially a six page rant against those who think differently. For me it was a very bizarre introduction. Generally, when a writer includes an Intro, they talk about the project, why he or she wrote it, maybe give you a glimpse into the creative process. And Garton did a little of that, but most of it was overshadowed by his outright contempt for religion, and I found that very off putting. And to make matters worse, most of his evidence, and his arguments were factually untrue. Nor does it make much sense from a financial standpoint. He's got every right to say what he said there, and I would vigorously defend that right. But he effectively alienated a portion of the book buying public, I feel. I'm not saying I would never buy another Garton book because of what he said, but I have to admit, it'll probably play a factor in deciding future purchases.
    "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed calason's Avatar
    Sure, I get that religious horror is usually irreverent, at best, outright blasphemous at worst. And like I said, it's one of my favorite subgenres of horror. But there's a difference, I think, between the contents of a fictional story meant for entertainment for a specific audience that expects such content, and a nonfiction Intro that is essentially a six page rant against those who think differently. For me it was a very bizarre introduction. Generally, when a writer includes an Intro, they talk about the project, why he or she wrote it, maybe give you a glimpse into the creative process. And Garton did a little of that, but most of it was overshadowed by his outright contempt for religion, and I found that very off putting. And to make matters worse, most of his evidence, and his arguments were factually untrue. Nor does it make much sense from a financial standpoint. He's got every right to say what he said there, and I would vigorously defend that right. But he effectively alienated a portion of the book buying public, I feel. I'm not saying I would never buy another Garton book because of what he said, but I have to admit, it'll probably play a factor in deciding future purchases.

I have the book but have not yet started to read it, so I can't say anything really. I was not trying to personally attack you, so please don't take it that way. I really just find anything offensive entertaining, because I'm not easily offended. I sound really ignorant, don't I...

Anywho, it's early and I can't think real clear.
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
    gamertag : calason

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    I'm not easily offended either (there are a select few people in this world who have the power to offend me, and they would never do that, not on purpose anyway), but this book never interested me in the least. As for Garton, I like his books that I've read, but I don't think I'd get along well with him as a person. He can be very judgmental, angry, and hateful at times when it comes to religion and religious people. That is his right of course, but it is hypocritical since that part of some religious/religious people is what he has a big problem with. There have been a few times when I have been tempted to remove his page from my Facebook when I get tired of seeing those kind of posts, but haven't gone that far yet (he has some pretty hilarious pictures that get posted to his page, lol). If those posts were instead aimed at those on the opposite side I would feel the same way, so my issue with some of the things he says really has nothing to do with religion even and everything to do with the hate and judgement he passes on.

I'd be interested in seeing his intro to this one though to see what exactly he says, but won't go out and buy this book just so I can read it.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Yea I love Gartons writing however I did not like the religion bashing in his 2nd wearwolf book.I felt that it took away from the book and the series overall.I know that some religious groups can mess you up but that is true of just about anything or any group.People need to be more tolerant of each other.Different ideas and trying to find common ground is what we used to do.Now if someone does not like something that you do it means it is ok to not like that person.I guess that is why this is so contriversial.You know what they say about religion and politics and the last 25 years or so have proven that statment big time.

I do like this book and the stories in it but do wonder about Mr. Garton sometimes even though he is one of my favorite authors.